Holy posting probems !!!

Started by P.C., Aug 18 06 06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I'm having a beggar of a time posting.  Minutes (many minutes) between clicking on a topic before it comes up.....when it does.  Mostly I'm getting just a white screen.[img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/9.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/9.gif" align=absMiddle]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yeah its pretty slow takes me about 30 seconds now. But I've got DSL
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I'm having a beggar of a time posting.  Minutes (many minutes) between clicking on a topic before it comes up.....when it does.  Mostly I'm getting just a white screen.

Damn. I've been in and out today, but I haven't seen it. I don't doubt it's happening. Tis shit is driving me bonkers. Maybe it's time to move this site to a new host. Let me look around and see what's out there, cuz this shite is too damn annoying.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Well, at least you're doing something about it, TehBorken.

For some reason, the ads show up for a long time before the rest loads up. It happened an hour ago, I couldn't log on.... it's ok now.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

all of a sudden its lightening quick!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Hmm.....doing the same thing for me tonight.  Two or three posts is all I can hang in there for.  Takes me forever.  (holy sadness)

Future Canadian

This site has mollasses-in-January problems for me once in a while. And tonights a doozy. It figures, since everyone's asleep, I don't have to work tomorrow, and the iPod is rocking a solid shuffle mix.
Oh well, I'll stop in 'n oot tonight.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Hi FC........would love to say hey, but it's taken me a little over an hour to make 3 posts.......I'll just leave it with....IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU !!!!

Future Canadian

Nice..to...see...you...to...PC.
I'm off to somewhere on the internet where the tubes aren't so clogged up.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others