Blunt Bros. - Vancouver

Started by CK, Aug 18 06 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

CK

Americans visiting Canada are at an all time low this year. Maybe its because they haven't learned about Blunt Bros. yet? West Hastings (not East Hastings). I know people who are a part of this. The cafe even has rolling papers that are maple flavored. It smells like weed and pancakes there, does it get more British Columbian!?!!

[A href="http://www.bluntbros.com/"]http://www.bluntbros.com/[/A]

Future Canadian

Cheers to that!
But they really need to legalize the sale of the herb. So that clueless tourists can stop wandering around East Hastings (until they find the Art Museum) getting themselves into sketchy stituations trying to score a harmless flower. I got lucky once, but the second time I scored it was kinda freaky. Plus, sitting in the cafe and having American tourists come up to you looking for weed got pretty old for me, I'm sure it must be doubly so for teh locals.
LEGALIZE IT!

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

Yeah tourism will be down, a lot of teenagers won't be going across the border to watering holes anymore to drink if they have to pay 500 bucks for a passport. You still will get some people like myself who would still go to Canada even if it cost an arm and a leg.

But yeah travel will go down and I garuntee both countries will go into a recession because of Washington's wanting to turn the country into a giant fortress.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

Legalizing it would be ok. What scares me about that is the good ol' boys in the gov. that would over regulate it. It basically is decriminilized in Canada (in small quantities). No cop in Vancouver is going to give Blunt Bros./New Amsterdam a hard time unless violence breaks out. The USA gov. had a problem with Mr. Emery selling seeds out of Canada though, and I am sure the Canadian police assisted with that situation. I don't smoke it anymore, but I used to. I quit for personal reasons. I think its a great alternative to drinking.

Weird? Its ok to drink Vodka until you puke and passout in public, but weed is frowned upon (by some).

Sportsdude

I'm not a pot head nor really a drinker but I think it should be legalised. Think about it. People die from alcohol poisoning. I haven't heard of somebody overdosing on pot. The thing about legalising it means you put it out in the open and make it easier to track. But with the conservatives in charge you'll see a roll back in the 4 pillars and such.

CK

agreed. Paul Martin even claimed him and his wife made "special" brownies in their college days. Harpoo won't even acknowledge an Aids conference in TO, and marijuanna is part of the Great Satan!!!  

Mr. Chips

They'll have to pry my bong from my cold dead hands!  

Sportsdude

The best Stephen Harper quote ever is during the election one report asked if he loved Canada and he had no comment.

Don't be suprised if Bob Rae wins the Liberal race. And I don't want to here "Ontario won't vote for him because of what happend during his time as primier." If I remember correctly Canada did a pole on the reform party and 75% of the people said they would never vote them in. Ooops! The reform party just changed names to the Conservative party thats all. Harper won't get his majority because Quebec sees he's a reformer and not a progressive conservative that most Quebec conservatives are.  

Future Canadian

[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"] CK wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"][br style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]Weird? Its ok to drink Vodka until you puke and passout in public, but weed is frowned upon (by some).[/span][br style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]
Word! Alcohol brings out the worst in people. And tobacco kills 400,000 people every year. Teh magic herb from Jah is simply not toxic enough to kill anyone unless is was ingested in superhuman amounts. And it makes people be mellow. And friendly. And careful (usually).

I wonder when the drinkers, smokers and gamblers are going to start demanding that potheads pay their fair share in taxes. Alcohol, tobacco, and gambling are vices that are heavily taxed while pot smokers aren't taxed at all. Isn't anyone pissed off about this?

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

|ProjectoR|

blunt broS. can take care of all your gadgets, but i can take care of teh REAL deal.      
lets go with teh milk?

jojo

my shitty sight! www.spammer.com[span style="text-decoration: underline;"][/span]  

soapbox

it's time for decrim or even legalization and taxation.

over 60% of canadians feel our laws regarding cannabis are out of touch.

besides it would help thousands of americans who arrive in vancouver and walk east hastings for decent grass.

DO NOT BUY ON EAST HASTINGS EAST OF CAMBIE.DO NOT SUPPORT CRACK HEADS.    

TehBorken

Future Canadian wrote:[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"][/span]
Word! Alcohol brings out the worst in people. And tobacco kills 400,000 people every year. Teh magic herb from Jah is simply not toxic enough to kill anyone unless is was ingested in superhuman amounts.

True, and I've tried like hell to overdose on it to no avail. You could be dipped in THC extract and the worst thing that would happen is you'd eat your weight in Snickers bars.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

Now THAT sounds like a BAD THING!!!!!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Future Canadian

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] soapbox wrote:[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]it's time for decrim or even legalization and taxation.[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]over 60% of canadians feel our laws regarding cannabis are out of touch.[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]besides it would help thousands of americans who arrive in vancouver and walk east hastings for decent grass.[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [/div] [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]DO NOT BUY ON EAST HASTINGS EAST OF CAMBIE.DO NOT SUPPORT CRACK HEADS.[/span]

I spent a long time thinking aboot this wandering teh streets looking for someone non-sketch I could talk to. While I appreciate the gentlemen's agreement that keeps the cops from shutting down teh herb smoking at the cafes, it sets us American tourists up into a bit of a pickle. It's a bit unsettling to try to buy drugs in a foreign country (especially a country you love and don't want to get thrown out of). And with East Hastings right there next to Blunt Bros. one could get themselves in trouble if they didn't know what they were doing (and even if they did).
So, City of Vancouver, you've had semi-legal marijuana for a few years now and the world hasn't crumbled at your feet, anarchy has failed to erupt, no real difference at all, eh? Maybe now it is time to take the next step and legalize and tax the sale. Start reaping the financial benefit and watch city life go on largely as it has for years. Except with much more American tourists putting their Yankee dollars into your coffers.