Milk chocolate - Red Wine
5 (41.7%)
Milk chocolate - White Wine
0 (0%)
Beer and Bar Nuts
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

P.C.

Well, it sounds like I'm really sliding into last place.  I've never even HEARD of clove cigarettes.[/DIV]And I've always maintained, when it comes to art....if it requires an explanation, it isn't good.  [img style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px" src="http://ghettobaby.net/Emoticons/0726emotes/gallery.gif"]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

primefactor....I'm thinking my theory doesn't hold wine....errr water.  If you don't like 'pointy' wine (love that), try some of the German whites.  2 of my faves are the most un-German sounding, but they are not pointy.  Silver Bell, and Golden Eagle.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]

kitten

I've never known how to appreciate something I didn't have the vaguest clue about.  And I can't be bothered faking approval just to make me seem more "with it".
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kitten

A white wine I do like is Zinfandel.  I toured a small winery in Northern California, I think it was north of San Francisco, and tried it for the first time there.  I can't remember the name of the winery, and they probably don't make enough to export to Canada, but I don't think I've ever tasted a better Zinfandel than that one.  I even tried a chocolate wine there.  Not that great, but certainly different!

primefactor

P.C. wrote:
Well, it sounds like I'm really sliding into last place.  I've never even HEARD of clove cigarettes.

They were big when I was a teenaged Reagan-80s goth girl. I think they still are with the artsy and gloomy kids. I have a weird nostagia reaction when I smell them. They are sort of oily and crackle when you inhale. Which, supposedly, is why they are extra-bad for you.  

P.C.

Ain't that the truth kitten.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c014.gif" border=0]

I used to have a 'friend', who would try to educate me in art.   I told him just because I didn't have it in me to pretend to like what was approved of by the 'Art Community', didn't mean I didn't have taste.  There's clearly a missing element when I have to be TOLD what I should like...WHY I should like it, and What the artist was TRYING to say.  

kitten

I've known a couple of artists as well as some "avant-garde" musicians that painted abstract art or blew far-out weird melodies.  They tried to tell me that I simply didn't have a discerning palate if I didn't appreciate what they were doing.  I informed them that pretentiousness for its own sake was a waste of their time and mine, and I didn't impress that easily.

P.C.

You know, I actually think saying I don't like abstract art isn't sompletely accurate.  Some are pleasing to look at , or have just the right combination of colours that may enhance a rooms decor.  (I even use to do a bit of it myself)  But they often only have 'meaning' to the artist themselves and my inability to recognize what it is, doesn't make me any less art savvy as the next guy.

Also, if you can paint it with a roller, it doesn't qualify as art to me.[/DIV]This one is thoughtfully called White Centre.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/k055.gif[/img]

kitten

Sort of like a marshmallow trapped in lint.  Am typing with one hand because my cat decided to lie on my hand.

Good Times

P.C. wrote:
I have this theory that people who prefer dark chocolate, are red wine drinkers, and milk chocolate people are white wine people.  IF they drink wine at all.  So I'm less curious about just finding out which chocolate people prefer.

Never heard or read that theory before. Doesn't seem to make much sense from a nutritional point of view.

Food pairs that've traditionally been enjoyed together (like rice and beans) more often not not have a foundation that can be backed by scientific data.

So my guess is, what you're saying is you like dark chocolate, but you don't like wine. ???

Precisely. I don't drink. If I was to drink, it would be rose (with an accent on e,  don't wanna fiddle with the international keyboard now)

I'm a big dark chocolate fan. Red wine would be on the bottom of my preferences among other wines, if I was ever to drink that is...

Is that you doin all that smiting GT ???  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c003.gif" border=0]

Nope, not me. Do you feel you have said or done something that'd elicit that kind of response from me?

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Also, if you can paint it with a roller, it doesn't qualify as art to me.[/div]
I agree. It may be pretty, but is it 'art'? I dunno. Art is indeed in the eye of the beholder, but some stuff is just so 'not art' to me, even though it may be attractive to the eye.

I guess that raises the question, "What is art?".

Or, if you like, "What isn't art?"

Full Disclosure: I have not an 'arty' bone in my body. Stick figures are about the limit of my expertise. If I tried to actually paint a picture the Art Police would come and arrest me for vandalism.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Oh, there is no scientific data backing my idea. And I'm not suggesting they would taste good together.  I just wondered if there was some connection.  People seem to generally like one or the other in the chocolate, and one or the other in wine.  I wondered if it was somehow related.

I don't think I've said anything to you that's 'smiteable' GT.  (I don't even think anything about you that's 'smiteable')  I didn't think I'd said anything to ANYONE that was smite worthy.  Apparently I've gotten under someones skin.

Perhaps it's a spite smite.  It only happens at night....which would make it a night spite smite.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/d030.gif" border=0]

Naughty Priest

Hi guys, how's it going? [embed src="" height="1" width="1"]

TehBorken

Naughty Priest wrote:
Hi guys, how's it going?

Going great. :)
[emb ed="" src="" height="1" width="1"][/emb]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Oy vay.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c003.gif" border=0]

|