The best age to be...

Started by meloncollie, Aug 11 06 04:24

Previous topic - Next topic

meloncollie

So, tell me...what do you think is the best age to be...and why? I was digging 43 pretty ok until all hell broke loose recently.  It's hard finding a good job when you're in your 40s, if you don't have a long track record in the workplace.  At 43, things start hanging, sagging and bagging, unless you're careful. The mind starts to go, hehehe.

I had the poop together at 17, though. I was in my first place, which was pretty gross since it had been hit by a hurricane-- but still, it was my first place. 17 wasn't too bad at all.

I also liked 26...just because it had a nice ring to it.  I still thought I had plenty of time to do everything I wanted. I was pretty shapely...had all my hair and teeth, hehehe. Maybe 26 was that perfect age for me

What about for you? What's the age where you were rockin' it?  Why was that age better than the one you're at now?

You give love a bad name.

Sportsdude

Well I'm 20 and I don't like it. Most likely because I've christened this decade as "the decade of the move or journey".  I plan on doing lots of stuff, travel move across country, move to another country, get into college, finish college, go to norway, law school and so on, travel a ton.

30 to 40 is my family years.

I hate saying stuff like this because watch me in 5 years be married and have kids on the way. Oops![/DIV]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Moolah!

I can't comment on this thread because it would give away my age.  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_blush.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

female

lol Raging Poodle:))
watch me:
i'm 37 (hmm.. why do i keep repeating that everywhere i go?)
but my life didn't change much since the time i was 23
except when i became a mom:)
becoming a mom was good times...
having a little baby is what i miss i think
the way they smell and feel... lol endless dippers:)))
cuddling with them...
and that feeling right after you feed them (which usually coincides with the time they poop:))
it actually taught me - where ever there's happiness, there gotta be poop involved...

meloncollie

female wrote:
cuddling with them...
and that feeling right after you feed them (which usually coincides with the time they poop:))
it actually taught me - where ever there's happiness, there gotta be poop involved...

ah...yeah...i'm in that mommy camp. poopy diapers and all. i miss snuggle time. *sniffle* Dunc, my youngest,  is 17 now and doesn't like it much when I try to snuggle with him, hehehe.

they should bottle baby smells. pleasant baby smells to remind us of the good times...and stinky baby smells as a deterrent for people who really should not breed.

You give love a bad name.

Gopher

The best (and worst) times of my life (i.e. from the sublime to the ridiculous and back to the sublime) took place during the ages of 37 and 38.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Future Canadian

I like having acqquired the wisdom, experience, etc. that clicking off 38 years permits. And being a Daddy rocks! The stage I'm at now in life is more rewarding and enriching.
But the most out and out fun time in my life was late teens to mid twenties.Things were newer and more exciting then. Life is full of many more possibilities at that stage of life. And one has a resilient enough body to get away with a lot of craziness.
SD, if you aim to travel, make sure you do it while you have the chance. I kind of stumbled around for a couple years after college thinking I'd go to Europe again, someday. Now that I have a family, travel is a different proposition (not that I'd trade it for the world, mind you). I sense that you're the kind of person that needs to go to Europe, and should do so if given half the chance.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Moolah!

female wrote:
lol Raging Poodle:))
watch me:
i'm 37 (hmm.. why do i keep repeating that everywhere i go?)
but my life didn't change much since the time i was 23
except when i became a mom:)
cuddling with them...

OMG OMG next thing I know you'll tell me your husband is EED!  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_approve.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

I liked your final sentence BTW. When I come to think of it, most events leading to happiness or satisfaction in my life had poop involved in one way or another.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Lise

OMG OMG next thing I know you'll tell me your husband is EED!  [A href="jva:void(0)" ="addImg('icon/icon_smile_approve.gif')"][/A]

Crap, Raging Poodle!!! Don't ever say things like that. I'm gonna pee in my pants next!!!!

The best age for me when I turned 30 and had my first child.

Second time round will be 32 when my next kid arrive.

Bless the little ones.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Probly the greatest moment in my life will be

A) when I get that maple leaf card (PR)

B) when I become a citzen of Canada

C) Kids being born

D) Married or heck just going out on a first date would be nice    

female

OMG OMG next thing I know you'll tell me your husband is EED!  [a href="jva:void%280%29"][/a]

Raging Poodle!
technically, my husband IS east european dude
and now take that!!!  

Lise - you have two, you are so lucky:)

sportsdude - that was very sweet:))

[/p]  

Lise

Hi female! Thanks.... little one is due to arrive next month. Welcome on board, my dear!

I hope SD gets his maple blessings soon.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
 I hope SD gets his maple blessings soon. Middle of next decade should be the time. Should take me 4 years to graduate college and I'll start that next year. Then I'm going to go to school in B.C. (I want to master in Canadian Studies and Law) during that time I should

A) Either apply for PR or

B) Get married, which automatically jumps to a PR and wait three years to take the test. (Probly could pass it now already if I took it tomorrow. I know all the premiers, federal officals, provincal capitals, can count back all the Prime Ministers off the top of my head to King. I've got to learn the 19th century and 18th Century Canada history next though. I'm lacking in that department.

Oh and I've been signing the national anthem since I was a wee little one. Always found it cooler to sing then the star spangled banner which I've always been annoyed by when people try to sing it, (They sound drunk all the time, but what do you expect? The tune to a song is an old drinking song).

2015. Thats the goal I've set.

female

Thanks Lise:)
omg!!! next month:)) aww - a new baby..... good luck with everything!

SD - that's one detailed and ambitious plan
good on ya!

greycat

It is what it is.