has anyone tried that $6 thing with paypal

Started by nick, Feb 06 06 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

nick

supposed to make $1000's by sending a $1 to each person or something, i called paypal and was told not to do it but i dont see what the harm is in trying it out if it's only $6, i am hoping to hear some feed back on here from people who have tried it or know what i am talking about.[/DIV]Thank's

nick

oh yeah 1 guy at paypal said it was illegal then another said it was not, it seems the people there are idiots any way, i know it MLM but i just want to know if it works?

tenkani

The harm is that by participating in pyramid schemes, you are encouraging them. You would be supporting scam-artists, which would in turn lead to more Internet scams. If you have more money than you know what to do with, which is obviously the case if you feel the need to send cash to random strangers, then contact me at [A href="mailto:[email protected]"][email protected][/A]. I have a wonderful business opportunity I'd like to share with you.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sarah

Anything like this is either a scam, illegal, or both. It's almost like a tax on gullible people.

Sarah

Tenkani, what the heck is that coming out of your avatar's mouth? Is that a tongue?????

tenkani

It's Avril Lavigne, and she's spitting out soda.[/DIV]That girl is so damn photogenic...

nick

ok i am not rich so thats why i am considering doing this, i want to hear from people that have tried it

tenkani

You're considering putting money into a pyramid scheme because you aren't rich. Um...

Look, it's your call, but IMO these people prey on the ignorance of their marks. They put the scam out there, knowing that 99% of folks will recognize it for what it is, but also knowing that the naive 1% can make them a fortune. By placing yourself in that 1%, you are helping to perpetuate the cycle. The "opportunity" you describe is not new. It's a well-known scam. The only people who benefit from pyramid schemes are those who initiate them.

nick

its 6 dollors what do i have to lose,

tenkani

kingy

personally, you would be better off giving your money to the nigerian king with all the money that he needs to move.

nick

tenkani

"All you have to do is
jump to different newsgroups and post away. After you
get the hang of it, it will take about 30 seconds for
each newsgroup!"
SPAMMERS NEED TO DIE.[/DIV]If I was a mod you would be banned as of now.[/DIV]And don't give me any bullshit about just looking for information.Your purpose at DS is now clear.

tenkani

My guess is that your email is among the six listed above.[/DIV]You should be careful about that.[/DIV]Someone might take those emails and use them to sign up for tons of spam.That would be terrible...

n

no my email is not on there, i am looking to hear from people that have done this and see what they have to say about it, i just signed up for paypal so all the bank stuff is gonna take a couple of days, but tenkani does this not seem like it would make a shit load of cash for really doing nothing any way, i mean were on the f*ckin computer all day anyway right?