101 Uses for a Broken Heart

Started by meloncollie, Aug 10 06 07:43

Previous topic - Next topic

meloncollie

I really shouldn't complain, because in my twenty-seven years of adulthood, this is the first time my heart has been broken by a failing (failed?) relationship. Maybe that's because, in the past,  I have been the "broker," not the "brokee." And not that I'm really a heart-breaker. I have only had three relationships in that twenty-seven years that were serious enough to have heart involvement. Unfortunately, two of those three were marriages. Ah, well.

But now, as I look to the future, I find that I can get all my other poop together, save for one area: what uses are there for a broken heart? For the longest time, my heart was a sponge, but I guess it has gotten to the place where it's wrung out, dried up and smelling moldy. There's got to be something I can do with this nearly useless leftover...

Here's the first thing that pops into my head:

Chew toy for the meanest, ugliest dog in the neighborhood.

Certainly, you could all help me with another 100 ideas of what to do with this broken down thing.

Ah, you got to love grief worked out publicly on the Internet, hehehe.

You give love a bad name.

Sportsdude

My heart got lost a while back and I haven't been able to find it.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

meloncollie

[span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Sportsdude said *sniffle*[/span][br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]My heart got lost a while back and I haven't been able to find it.[/span][br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]
maybe we should start a treasure hunt for broken hearts. if we all find each others' broken hearts, we can collage the pieces together and make...*sniffle* an even bigger broken heart! er um...no...maybe we can make something whole *sniffle*  

let me know if you come across mine.. it's black and blue and purple... cuz it got left out on the counter over night.  

Sportsdude

you probly won't be able to find mine its lost in space apparently or floating in the ocean. I'm hopeless.

kingy

yea, a broken heart is a very painful thing to heal.

it is amazing how we let one person have so much control on how we feel.

but you know what, even tho it doesnt feel good now, someone else will come along and help heal it for you.

female

but you know what, even tho it doesnt feel good now, someone else will come along and help heal it for you.

kingy's right...

so
- find another broken heart, and then put both broken hearts in a very small pot, pour some milk and honey on top of them and let them simmer on low for several months to a year

- then, take them both out and observe

- note how the crack on both hearts has disappeared and the new heart surface grew where they used to be ripped; also note a big scar in the middle of the new heart skin - if you try to touch it, it should give you a funny, tingling sensation right where the pain used to be unbearable

- most importantly - during the procedure, be very strong...:((  

Moolah!

^ I can summarize the recipe above in one sentence:

"A broken heart is the clearest sign a universe can give a man to indicate that...

... he's become too much of a pussy."  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_big.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

female

melancollie is a girl, you........!!!

oh Raging Poodle don't know how you do it but you make me wanna say bad things!

purelife

I just blessed everyone here in this thread, including Raging Poodle!  OMG!OMG!

Nat

aw, no broken heart here yet, too soon for that, but this new guy's driving me nuts already which isn'ta good sign. Why does dating have to be so stressful :p

It's Friday!! TGIF!

Gopher

We've only got one heart, it gets broken many times - so somewhere along the line it must repair itself.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Legion

Bless me for I have sinned. I have trolled many innocent people and will do it again. It's only a matter of time...  
curses!

meloncollie

kingy wrote:
I appreiciate the sentiment, but that's it's for me. after two failed marriages, i'm done with relationships. i'm too old to try again, hehehe. i will pour myself into something more rewarding-- a charity or grandchildren (when my kids get around to having kids...but at this rate... hehehe).

however, i think for most people, it's better to get back on the horse again. as long as you're wearing a helmet *ouch*

Sportsdude

oh come on now you're 27 not 57. If you don't need a husband thats fine but I bet there is someone out there thats not looking for a wife just a companion. I know because thats what my uncle is going through. He's got a long term girlfriend thats just that a friend. I don't think it will go any further or that they even want it too.

meloncollie

Sportsdude wrote:
oh come on now you're 27 not 57. If you don't need a husband thats fine but I bet there is someone out there thats not looking for a wife just a companion. I know because thats what my uncle is going through. He's got a long term girlfriend thats just that a friend. I don't think it will go any further or that they even want it too.

er um...thanks for taking a few years off, but i'm not 27. i'm 43. i don't need a husband..but i have spent all of my adult life with one...but since that isn't working out, it's curtains for me. i don't like men my age...younger guys are no longer interested in me. i have had nearly a dozen surgeries over the last few years and i ain't gonna subject this body to any seeing person. in fact, i have a body now that only a husband (or really bizarre fetishist) could love, hehehe.

also, if all i wanted was companionship i would get a dog, hehehe.

there are a million other things to do...i just hadn't counted on defaulting to those other million things because i thought the last marriage was worth keeping and working on.