Sexy music triggers teen sex

Started by kingy, Aug 07 06 09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

kingy

[B style="FONT-SIZE: 14px"]CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Teens whose iPods are full of music with raunchy, sexual lyrics start having sex sooner than those who prefer other songs, a study found...[/B]

[A href="http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/parenting/08/07/sexlyrics.teens.ap/"]http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/parenting/08/07/sexlyrics.teens.ap/[/A]

cant say that i am surprised. when young girls look at britney spears and christina aguilera, it has an influence on them.

purelife

Sex sells and we can expect it to never end.

Take the all female band name "PussyCatDolls" and their latest single, "Buttons" for example.

MYGOD!  This mother told me that her young daughter of 8 yrs old, was singing to this song but had no clue what the lyrics meant.  Yeah, another year or two, she'll know what "buttons" that band was singing about.  

I think that it's best to educate your kids about sex as parents rather than have somebody else educate them.  

Times are certainly changing because when I was younger, this kind of music wasn't really available or perhaps, I never really paid attention to the whole pop culture.  

Ah, classical music will be the ONLY music kids can listen to.... ;)  

Marik

I don't know... the more you try to hide something (any type of music except classical) from a kid, the more they'll want to get it (or in this case, listen to it)  

purelife

Oh, I know Marik.  I was only kidding.  I would definitely influence children with classical/baroque music from birth.  I heard that this music is very good for newborns.

Sportsdude

Classical Music makes people angry. They did a study and its the worst kind of music to listen to because it makes you angry and causes road rage.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

That's interesting.

Was there a reason why?

purelife

I have always found the nice instrumental music to be very soothing and relaxing.  I like some jazz as well.  

Sportsdude

I don't seem to remember the reason. I think it might have to do with the sudden movements of the music. Anyway it makes me go balistic, sometimes. It gets me angry, how, I have no idea but I seem to have a bit of a temper when certain classical numbers are played.

purelife

It could be because you picked up the little bit of "mistake" the band was playing.  I was in band for two years and kind of figured out how they cover up little "blips."

I have to be in that "mood" to be listening to classical and it's not very often that I get into that mood.  Scores are better.

Sportsdude

Same here I was in band also. And it sucked because I couldn't be my own person always in my dad's shadow. Everyone expected me to be just like him or better. They expected me to play the guitar, piano, organ, hell even conduct a symphony orchestra since my dad can do all of those and is a trained musician. I figured early on that I could never be like him when it comes to music. For starters I didn't start playing the organ for church at the age of 9, like he did. He was a child prodigy, I was a son of a child prodigy who couldn't play a musical instrument if my life depended on it. But I did get his insane singing ability. But never one for attention I never really have tried to see how far I could go with it, don't want the comparisons.

purelife

*sigh*  when will parents learn that their child is unique and special and CAN NOT be compared to anybody else, including themselves.

But, I can understand that they had the expectations that you would be like dad but they need to know that if it wasn't meant to be, that they would just let you do what you truly love.

I just played the clarinet in high school.  For some odd reason, I felt very geeky for being a part of the school band.

Sportsdude

Well it really wasn't them that had the expectations but me. I felt that I let them down by not being dad 2.0. I think they really never cared while I took it as I'm incomplete and a failure. It was me who wherever I went got oh your such and such's son. I hated that. I'm my own person. Not a splitting version of my father.

If I ever went into the music route I'd be more of a producer type. Put it this way I have everything but the key to the car. I can tell if you're off key, sound flat, hit the wrong note and I've had absolutely no musical training whatsoever. I guess that shows my taste in music. I like something odd and fresh or something with meaning and giant hooks and levels of emotion. But then again I grew up on classical music and didn't buy a CD or listen to the FM side of the radio until I was a freshman in high school. Didn't really care for the music at the time paid more attention to the news channels.

purelife

I can tell if you're off key, sound flat, hit the wrong note and I've had absolutely no musical training whatsoever.

It sounds like you've got a great gift and talent.  I hope that you put it into good use some day.  :)

Lise

I'm burning the iPod followed by my daughter's bra.

Then I'm hunting the first guy who even looks her way.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

LOL Lise.
Sexy music sure hasn't helped me getting laid. I think this study is bogus.