Best Way?

Started by TehBorken, Aug 06 06 08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I'm curious as to different guy's approaches to this....what's the best way to tell a woman that you're interested in her?

Several of my friend's are in total disagreement over this and it's all because one of them is dying to find a way to get something started with a lady he's just met. Comments welcome from guys and gals alike (especially the ladies).  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

My friend is calling me going "what did they say what did they say what did they say what did they say what did they say what did they say?". (I told him just to trip her and beat her to the floor, but surely you all must have a better way than that.)

Help my poor old friend Nicky out, he's desperate.

(And Nicky, if you're reading this, I meant "desperate" in a good way, you know, "love-stricken" and all that. Really, I swear! lol)

Gopher

He should just tell her that he's so desperate to know her that he's sought advice on the Internet.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kingy

i think we need a bit more info on this.

are they semi friends, are they co workers. what type of relationship do they currently have.    

TehBorken

kingy wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]i think we need a bit more info on this.[/div]  
I'm not sure how they met. They've gone out once on a "sort of" date (I don't know exactly what that means). From what I know they just know each other, they don't really have any kind of relationship, but he's been smitten big-time, lol. I think he sees her as a real prospect, dare I say even the big "M". Lol, he's gonna kill me for saying that. I know he's reading this, too. Show yourself, Nick old man.
[/div][div]

purelife

How long have they known each other for?  
 How many times have they seen each other?
 It really depends on what has been going on so far.  It sounds like he doesn't know if she likes him but he likes her a lot, right?

I'll give a general advice as I don't know the whole situation.  ie. her past relationships, how she feels about him, what they have done, what feelings are there...etc...

what's the best way to tell a woman that you're interested in her?
 I find that the straightforward, honest approach works well with me.  If you really like someone, you've got to tell that person your feelings or else it can be too late.  She could be moving, find someone else, become more busy, etc.  A guy must tell his feelings from his heart and they must be genuine.  He could also suggest giving this "dating" thing a try and see how it goes.  Don't put any pressure on her. Give her the space and time to think things through.  

I hope that she is interested in him as well, but if she isn't, she may start to warm up to that possibility.  Girls like to know that someone is interested in her.  It's the feeling of being needed and wanted that makes them feel special.  This feeling is important, well, at least for me.  

I hope this helps.  I'll try to write more later.  Gotta go.

Lise

My opinion: BE HONEST.

If you like the girl, then say it. There's nothing worst than going around and around in circles. I like the straight forward approach, personally.

Most women will appreciate you coming out and saying that you're interested and want to take the relationship to the next level instead of playing silly mind games.

That being said, do wine and dine her first before moving on.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

"Hey, umm, umm I really like you do you want to go to Starbucks sometime?"
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."