Paris Hilton: 'Who's Tony Blair?'

Started by NumbNutz, Aug 03 06 08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

NumbNutz

[span class="head3"]paris hilton is such an ignorant piece of shite

Paris: 'Who's Tony Blair?'[/span]
[span class="vsmall"]By This is London[/span]

[span class="vsmall"]2 August 2006[/span]  [span class="bodytext"] Celebrity rich girl Paris Hilton has demonstrated her grasp of world affairs by asking: "Who's Tony Blair?"[/span][span class="bodytext"]The hotel heiress said she would not recognise the British Prime Minister. Asked by GQ magazine if she fancied Tony Blair, a confused Hilton replied: "Who?" [/p]After giving it some thought she said: "Oh yeah... he's like your president?" Then she admitted: "I don't know what he looks like." [/p][/p][/span][span class="bodytext"]Hilton also compared herself to Diana, Princess of Wales. "I loved her. She was amazing. Her death affected me so much, such a strong and beautiful woman. I just cried for two hours non-stop when I heard she had been killed. "I've been in cars trying to get away from speeding paparazzi before and it's horrible, so I can relate to Diana and the problems she had," she explained. [/p] Asked who she would most like to be compared to, she replied: "Marilyn Monroe mixed with Diana." [/p] Elsewhere in the interview, the 25-year-old socialite revealed how much money she rakes in. [/p] Her empire includes perfume and cosmetics lines, shoes and hotels, and she is paid millions to make personal appearances. [/p]"I've made, like, 200 million dollars (£107 million) in the last year, while J-Lo's only made 150 million dollars," she explained. [/p]"I get paid 500,000 dollars (£266,500) to go to Las Vegas or Japan and wave at crowds or go to a party. All the time. Only this week I met a family at the airport who wanted me to drop in to their daughter's 16th birthday party for 100,000 dollars (£53, 310). Because I'm her idol. So I will. I'll take her a present, though. [/p]"I went to Austria recently and got paid 1 million (£53 million) just to wave at a crowd of people there. I had to say 'hi' and tell them why I loved Austria so much," she said. [/p] Asked why she loved Austria so much, she said: "Because they pay me £1 million to wave at crowds!" [/p] Hilton became infamous when a videotape of her having sex with her then boyfriend was posted on the internet. [/p]But she declared: "I've only done it with, like, a couple of boyfriends. People think I sleep with everyone, but I'm not like that. I like kissing, but that's all I do. I'm not having sex for a year, I've decided. I'll kiss but nothing else." [/p] Hilton has launched a pop career and her debut single, Stars Are Blind, is out this week. [/p][/span]  

TehBorken

Personally, I'd be surprised if she knew who George Bush was. Asking her who Tony Blair was is a real stretch.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Yeah considering in '04 she was wearing a vote or die t shirt and it turned out she never was registered to vote in either New York or California where her residences are offically located.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

"Who's Tony Blair?" - at last she's said something that I can wholeheartedly applaud.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

soapbox

either she's playing with the media ( i doubt she's clever enough to do this) or she really is a complete idiot.

comparing herself to diana is laughable.paris is a talentless pop culture burst of irrelevancy who has managed to sustain herself in the media not because of altruistic actions,social causes,an acting abilitiy or really much of anything. she has stayed in the public media eye because she is an idiot and it is interesting to gaze into the world of this little girl.    

purelife

Umm, is Tony Blair from the Blair Witch Project?  You know, the scary movie?    

Lise

Yep. This coming from a gal who thought Walmart sells walls.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

weird al

kingy

someone paid 100 grand to have her show up for a girls 16th birthday party??    

purelife

I bet she can't even locate Paris on the map.  LOL!  

Future Canadian

weird al wrote:
Who's Paris Hilton?

LOL! Good answer!
There is a special place in hell for those people who would pay that kind of money just to have some nitwit wave at them. They could be doing something useful with that money.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Hey

I agree with FutureCanadian.  Why do people literally buy into that glam/hype?  They are the ones to blame - not Paris.  I have to hand it to her.  She has attitude and a blatant sense of humour i.e. "I like Australia because they pay me to wave."  Wouldn't you like a country if they paid you for that small favour?  That's funny.  She was poking fun at herself and the promoters.  Just as long as she doesn't start taking herself too seriously like Madonna did and start thinking her opinions about anything really matter to anyone.

Gopher

purelife wrote:
Umm, is Tony Blair from the Blair Witch Project?  You know, the scary movie?    

lol Purelife: No, but he should have been.

Gopher

purelife wrote:
I bet she can't even locate Paris on the map.  LOL!  

I bet she'd not even have a clue that it began with the letter P

kitten

Quite possibly she thinks the city was named after her!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.