Press Release: Mel says "Sorry"

Started by TehBorken, Aug 01 06 10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Apparently some parts didn't make it into the final copy.

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]MEL SAYS SORRY TO THE JEWS
Tue Aug 01 2006 11:10:45 ET

August 2, 2006 -- There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of Anti-Semitic remark [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]even though I'd love to come up with one[/span]. I want to apologize specifically to [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]the damn Jews[/span] everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]came straight from my heart[/span] I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested on a DUI charge [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]after I was tackled trying to run away[/span].

I am a public person, and when I say something [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]by accident that I really think[/span], either articulated and thought out, or blurted out in a moment of insanity, my words carry weight in the public arena. As a result, [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]people now know what I believe[/span] I must assume personal responsibility for my words and [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]try to spin this in a positive way[/span] apologize directly to those who have been hurt and offended by those words [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]otherwise those damn Jews in Hollywood won't let me make another movie for the rest of my life[/span].

The tenets of what I profess to believe necessitate that I [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]hate Jews[/span] exercise charity and tolerance as a way of life. Every human being is God's child [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]except for those damn Jews[/span], and if I wish to honor my God I have to honor his children [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]and keep my stupid, drunken mouth shut[/span]. But please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]except when I'm really drunk[/span]. I am not a bigot [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]but I do hate Jews[/span]. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]unless of course it's hatred of those stinking Christ-killers[/span].

I'm not just asking for forgiveness. I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]bullshit into liking me again[/span] have a one on one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]even though they're Jews who we all know are greedy bastards[/span].

I have begun an ongoing program of recovery and what I am now realizing is that I cannot [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]say what I think in public[/span] do it alone. I am in the process of understanding where [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]I f*cked up[/span] those vicious words came from during that drunken display, and I am asking the Jewish community, whom I have personally offended, to [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]let me slide[/span] help me on my journey through recovery. Again, I am reaching out to the Jewish community for its help. I know there will be many in that community who will want nothing to do with me [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]because some of them just aren't that stupid[/span], and that would be understandable. But I pray that that door is not forever closed [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]and that I can keep making movies in that Jew-ridden city of sin called Hollywood[/span].

This is not about a film. Nor is it about artistic license. This is about real life and recognizing the consequences hurtful words can have [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]to my career[/span]. It's about existing in harmony in a world that seems to have gone mad [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]due to dumbf*cks like me[/span].

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

If you ask me, it's wayyyy too late for damage control right now. Mel's image will be tarnished forever.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Don't worry - he'll probably borrow a new one from his church.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

This is getting huge coverage down here only because of his Jesus movie and how a lot of people saw it as anti-Semitic. Then to get arrested and yell those type of words at cops only makes that fuel stronger. Plus you know what they say, when someone is drunk they tend to let there guard down and really say what they feel instead of hiding it. So what does that mean? Mel outed himself as an anti semite.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

i dont know if he really cares, after the money he made from the passion of the christ, he could pretty much produce, direct any movie on his own without help from hollywood. i guess we'll see how his next movie does.