Should I take French or Spanish?

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 01 06 07:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I've got 5hrs until I sign up for a foreign language class. French or Spanish? I don't know what to take, I'm torn.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

French and then Spanish

Once you learn French, Spanish will be easy as pie.  I studied french for 5 years and then decided to learn spanish and that was so easy.  

French is a great language if you're planning to work for the government and visit Quebec/Montreal.

Sportsdude

My problem is that I took Spanish in middle school then tried to take French in high school. (All the Spanish classes were full, then the school cut the french program). I get confused or did when I was taking french would mix it with spanish and create frenish.

Everybody wants me to take Spanish. Because thats what this country speaks besides english and I'd like to do some work in Latin America.

Some Chick

Well then you know what you need to do.

Spanish it is.

Lise

Mandarin. *hehe*

I'd take French just because it sounds really nice but Spanish is probably the better choice.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Well, Spanish for use in the Americas, French for use in Europe.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

matt

You would use spanish way more!  

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
 Mandarin. *hehe*

That's another language I plan to learn, since I want to live in Vancouver, I want to know what everyone is saying. I'll never learn to write it (looks to tough) but atleast I want to talk it.

I've decided to take Spanish because well because it makes more sense for me at the time being. I love French but I'm just not exposed to it enough here. I need daily interaction with it and since I don't get Radio-Canada tv (although I do have RC on my sirius) but get Univision, I'm going with Spanish. I also want to take Habitat for Humanity trips to South America. I'd want to speak spanish then.

Will learn french, later on. Its the second language I want to speak then Mandarin. Thought about finding my family in Europe (half of it is over in Hungary and we haven't kept up letters since my grandpa died 10 years ago because they speak hungarian and not german. Grandma can't write in hungarian. Sucks. I've got a cousin (who's in his 70's) who's a doctor in Germany and a cousin (who's in his or her sixties who's an engineer but thats all I know, people talk about aliens from outer space well to me the unknown is the rest of my family. Its overseas and we can't contact each other.) But Hungarian is just too hard.

So its Spanish

then French and Madarin later on.

Mutilated Mind

Sportsdude wrote:
I want to know what everyone is saying.

That's a fulltime job, you know.

ripper

French is a dying language. Much more practicle to learn Spanish.