Are You Dating Mr. Wrong?

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 01 06 07:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Saw this on the today show. They talked about thrill seeking women aka people who date druggies and such, couldn't help but think of the girls down here.

Here's the easy quiz:

[A href="http://quiz.ivillage.com/love/tests/prince.htm?ice=iv,mp,st,pl1"]http://quiz.ivillage.com/love/tests/prince.htm?ice=iv,mp,st,pl1[/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Some Chick

My results.  Not a big suprise since I like to be treated right, and am at first.  My problem is not kissing frogs, it is men that turn into them after a short time.

[DIV class=quizresponsetitleM]The King of Kindness[/DIV]Your idea of the perfect prince is one that's sensitive and strong. He's attentive to your needs and even knows that while glass slippers are certainly beautiful, they just aren't comfortable footwear. (That's why he'll hold your purse for you while you shop for new shoes at the Nine West sale!) Your guy also understands why picking you up on his white horse (or in his Honda) is so much better than just meeting you at the restaurant -- even if it is the hottest new spot in the kingdom.

But the problem with getting the royal treatment on a regular basis is that even the most grateful girl is bound to get, well, bored. Your nice guy doesn't have to finish last though. Make sure that he understands your needs: space, a partner with a backbone, etc. But be nice about it.

And if you landed in this category but haven't found a man who matches this description yet, take heart -- and a tip from author Wendy Paris. "Whoever you are, you are someone's ideal," she says in Happily Ever After: The Fairy Tale Formula for Lasting Love. "Hold out for someone who sees you as his." What better way to live happily ever after

Lise

Gee - I dunno what to say to mine. I have the same thing as SC. Hmmm.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I received the same result as Some Chick and Lise.  :)

Ordinary Guy

Women like their men to be exciting and mysterious. Too often that means an irresponsible jerk with no self-control. That's what spins your gears, ladies, and we both know it.

Women will date these men over and over, all the while bemoaning the lack of "decent guys" out there when the fact is they're drowning in them but won't give them a second look. Decent guys just don't have the aura of "danger" that attract women like moths to a candle.

In other words, they're "boring" because they won't cheat on you, won't hit you, won't get drunk every night, and therefore they aren't good candidates for reforming (which is a strong unconcious desire of most if not all women).

I have no pity for these women, because they end up getting exactly what they went out of their way to pick: a total a**hole who will cheat and mistreat them.

Yeah, women all say they want a nice guy, but we all know that's a complete load of shit. (Look around and tell me that isn't so. The proof is in the pudding, right?)

You only want a "nice guy" after you've f*cked everything from Bakersfield to Barstow, been beaten up and knocked around a bit, and then you finally to decide to "settle down" and let some sucker (the "nice guy") support you for the rest of your lives.

Ordinary Guy

a tip from author Wendy Paris. "Whoever you are, you are someone's ideal," she says

Lol, that is such a load of crap. If only it were true. But hey, it sells books.

Look, if you're grossly overweight, bitchy, controlling, or high-maintenance, you are nobody's "ideal". That's just plain stupid. I can't believe any of you fall for that bullshit!

kitten

What a lot of nonsense, Ordinary Guy!  I've known quite a few women who wouldn't settle for anything less than a "nice guy".  They married those nice guys and never regretted it.  I also knew a couple of women who thought they had married nice guys, only to find them completely different after marriage.  Needless to say, they divorced them.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

Ordinary Guy wrote:
You only want a "nice guy" after you've f*cked everything from Bakersfield to Barstow, been beaten up and knocked around a bit, and then you finally to decide to "settle down" and let some sucker (the "nice guy") support you for the rest of your lives.

I'm sensing just the tiniest amount of bitterness, lol.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

weird al

Ordinary Guy wrote:
   You only want a "nice guy" after you've f*cked everything from Bakersfield to Barstow.

So, OG, are you hanging around just outside of Bakersfield? Might as well, because I don't think anybody's gonna pick you up at the end of the line.

Some Chick

Major bitterness but hats off to you for taking the time to write so many paragraphs warning us about you.

Sportsdude

Some Chick wrote: [DIV class=quizresponsetitleM]The King of Kindness

Your idea of the perfect prince is one that's sensitive and strong. He's attentive to your needs and even knows that while glass slippers are certainly beautiful, they just aren't comfortable footwear. (That's why he'll hold your purse for you while you shop for new shoes at the Nine West sale!) Your guy also understands why picking you up on his white horse (or in his Honda) is so much better than just meeting you at the restaurant -- even if it is the hottest new spot in the kingdom.

But the problem with getting the royal treatment on a regular basis is that even the most grateful girl is bound to get, well, bored. Your nice guy doesn't have to finish last though. Make sure that he understands your needs: space, a partner with a backbone, etc. But be nice about it.

Holy Crap! Thats me in a nut shell, until I really get to know the person really well then my goofy/funny side takes over but thats usually when I'm around friends.  I understand space though.  And I bet I can out talk you only because I've got a lot to say and I never really get to express my feelings a lot so whenver I'm around a friend I tend to control conversations.  People like my funny side so I try to use it more often now. I'll use it to 'break the ice' if you will.

Man, I wish I was older because it seems everyone on here is looking for that type of person which someone my age isn't. Oh well I said age doesn't matter to me because my family has a history of marrying older people. My mother is 5 years older then my dad, my 2nd cousin married someone half her age (she was born to a surrogate because her parents were too old at the time so she's 32 now and her dad is in his 70's so marrying a 50 year old makes sense and she's not some bum both are doctors) my grandpa was 10 years older then my grandma, my great aunt married her second husband after the first one died in the war and was 10 years older.  So basically if I look at my family, we don't see age as a factor.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

purelife wrote:

sounds like the three of you might have to fight each other for guys.

Some Chick

You got that right.

I hung up on one last night that was returning a call I made to him and a message left TWO WEEKS ago.  

Him:  "Hi there, just thought I'd return your call..."  

Me:  "Return my call?  I left you a message TWO WEEKS AGO..."

I mean really, why even bother.  He was probably just trying to make a booty call.

I might have to go outside of my age preference to find one because it seems all the men my age are immature, self absorbed a**holes.

And yes.  I actually am fairly bitter.  :)

purelife

kingy wrote:
purelife wrote:

sounds like the three of you might have to fight each other for guys.

I'm sure that the 3 of us gals would share.  ;)  

purelife

Maybe he was away on vacation for two weeks?  Is it safe to assume that all men are looking for a booty call?