Aussie mall defends its photons from terrorists

Started by TehBorken, Jul 30 06 03:51

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3]Aussie mall defends its photons from terrorists         [/h3] A Melbourne shopping center and tourist attraction have banned photographs, in order to prevent terrorism. Because all terrorism begins with the devilish capture of precious photons. Once these photons have been taken away to the terrorists' spider caves, they are converted into terrorist photons and re-released [em]at the speed of light[/em] to attack their targets with relatavistic savageness.  Naive Australians have aided the cause of terrorism by walking around with their own cameras, taking photos of the "no-photography" signs, not suspecting that their cameras are secret members of Al-Qamera, and that many of the photons they "innocently" capture are sent via steganographic means to Afghanistan Iraq [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]New Jersey[/span] Iran for processing at secret photon-camps.  [/p]  "At no times do we permit photography in our back-of-house areas, in or surrounding our restrooms and within individual retail tenancies," a spokeswoman said. "There are safety, security, privacy and copyright issues which need to be considered with all photography and filming within the centre, and we reserve the right to ask people to stop filming or photographing if it is deemed inappropriate."    [a href="http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/07/29/1153816426869.html"]Story Link[/a]

Mere mortals  protesting against Southbank's no photography rule.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Reminds me of a road I was on in iron curtain Czechoslovakia. In the middle of nowhere, a large sign by the roadside proclaimed "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" - you've guessed it, next to it were several cars all with people  holding our cameras and craning their necks through the windows to see what they were missing (I was one of them).  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Uhmmm............. yeah............ like you can stop ppl from using the camera. The more you try to impose something like this, the more ppl are gonna try and do it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.