Those damn cute female servers...

Started by Lise, Jul 29 06 08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

OK, how why? Why? Why? Just been to Catcus Club today and look at these skinny sticks serving us. Pretty as a piece of cuteness pie and killer-body. LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

So I take it that Catcus Club, Earls and the Keg only hire super pretty servers for their customers. You don't see a cute bloke serving me, it has to be a stick with perky boobies and legs up to their necks.

Bah.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

LOL....feeling a little preggy Lise ?  

Fear not.....I'm sure you're carrying a whole lot of beauty that just a little different for YOU right now.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a207.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kingy

i work near the cactus club on broadway and ash and there use to be a guy waiter that wasnt bad looking. maybe he was the token guy waiter or maybe he was just helping out. i havent seen him there for quite awhile now.

i have known a few girls that used to work for earls/cactus club and the sexual harassment level was super high! obviously, they only hire girls that are super hot probably for that very reason. and most of the girls that get hired are 19-24 range so they are fairly new to the work force so they generally just accept the sexual stuff as boys being boys.

Sportsdude

Saw a couple pictures of the place. Cool. Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if they hired girls like that.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Yeah..... PC.... I'm like this walking whale surrounded by these super hawt girls as kingy pointed out. And yes.... I'm jealous.

Pregnant and beautiful??? NO WAY. I don't feel like that. A pregnant glow??? No such thing. Ah well.... two more months to go.

As for the girls getting sexually harrassed, I mean... when you wear like that (low cut, short skirt, make-up to the core), you're asking for it.

At any rate, I'm not sorry for them.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

It does a lot to encourage tipping.  They should be taking home a decent income in return for the harassment.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
As for the girls getting sexually harrassed, I mean... when you wear like that (low cut, short skirt, make-up to the core), you're asking for it.

I agree. I've seen very provocatively dressed women complain about men staring at them, but hey, we're just doing what comes naturally. I had one who angrily told me to stop staring her "like a sex object"

I said, "Stop dressing like one and I will." lol  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Saint Louis has a hooters wannabe local chain around here called Show Me's. In my opinion they dress worse then Hooters. (never been to both don't care too)

[img height=263 src="http://www.showmes.com/graphics/showmeshotties.jpg" width=350]

[DIV align=center][img alt=37 src="http://www.showmes.com/gallery2/images/37.jpg" border=0]

[DIV align=center]

[DIV align=center] [DIV align=center][img alt=Untitled-65 src="http://www.showmes.com/gallery1/images/Untitled-65.jpg" border=2]

[DIV align=center]

[DIV align=center] [DIV align=center][img alt=Untitled-66 src="http://www.showmes.com/gallery1/images/Untitled-66.jpg" border=2][/DIV][/DIV]

[DIV align=center] [/DIV]

purelife

Joey's is also another place (same owners as Earl's) where they are known for the hot waitresses.  There was an article written about this restaurant and they were only known for that.  By the way, the food SUCKED!  My friend and I were there on a Friday night and we freaking waited for 2 hours just to freakin get a seat!  :P

Anyways, I was so glad that I never got hired at Earl's back in those days.  Now, I know why I was never hired.  

I wouldn't judge some of these girls.  Many are quite intelligent (very, very few) with education and are only waitressing for the tip$.  And, they pull in more that $200 a night.

Sportsdude

You tried to get hired at one of those places?
Yeah intelligent, whatever thats what the strippers have said when I went to a strip club with my cousin. I asked why are you doing this and they say to pay for college. whatever.

Lise

Yeah............. pretty darn intelligent to be working in places that ppl degrade and humilate you base of your looks.

I guess it's a matter of choice and what standards you set yourself.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah apparently it gives them "power". What power? fat farmers acting like dogs around you oh thats real powerful.

Some Chick

I know they're annoying.

However, it is dangerous to say that someone deserves a kind of treatment based on how they dress.  I used to work at a Keg when I was 19.  I dressed to look my best.  Did that mean that I had to accept poor behaviour from men that could not keep their libido in check?  I was a good waitress and made $200 in a six hour shift.  I did the work because my other option was a clerk checking out groceries for $40-$60/day.

No woman is asking for anything just because she dresses a certain way.  That being said, there's no way I'd be caught dead in any of those Hooters type outfits.  BUT if I were, it would not give ANY guy the RIGHT to treat me like meat.

I wear low cut dresses sometimes.  I do my hair, I wear makeup.  Obviously I want to look attractive, but I am NOT inviting negative attention.  If I dress up, I'm asking for it?

Having been attacked outside of my house just before Christmas, I'm pretty sensitive to any kind of attitude that suggests a woman brings things on herself.  There is nothing I could have worn that would justify some bastard sitting on me, trying to rape me and punching me in the face when I wouldn't stop fighting.

Sportsdude

nobody deserves bad treatment. Whenever a group of friends of mine get together and some act like idiots I will apologize to the waitress. Went to 24 hr dining place at 2am once and these two fat idiots were treating this poor lady like shit, cussing her out speaking loud. They acted like Bush when he was eating a couple of weeks ago. They didn't leave a tip. So I gave her 8 dollars a couple extra on the tip. Because she's always there working the grave yard shift and I know what its like since I do the same late night type of work.

And speak of the devil, a hooters ad is flashing to the right of this.

purelife

You tried to get hired at one of those places?

Earl's was a place that I applied when I was in my late teens looking for my very first job.