Missouri White Supremacist leader calls for death of Canadians

Started by Sportsdude, Jul 29 06 02:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

White Supremacist calls for death of Canadians

CP

Globe and Mail

Police in Missouri have launched an investigation into a call on a white supremacy website to kill a Canadian federal judge and an Ottawa lawyer.

"We have some letters from some people in Canada," said Jim Hughes, chief of Kirksville, Mo., police. "We take these complaints seriously."

Mr. Hughes said other law enforcement agencies have been consulted.

"It is too early to predict an outcome," he said.

But, he added, the subject of the investigation is known to police.

"I would just say I have met him."

The subject is white supremacist Alex Linder, who lives in Kirksville.

Mr. Linder runs Vanguard News Network, a U.S.-based white supremacy website.

Last week, Linder posted a message on the site that said his organization would support the killing of Federal Court of Canada Justice Konrad von Finckenstein, members of the Canadian Human Rights Commission and Ottawa lawyer Richard Warman.

"Killing Warman, 'judge' von Finckenstein, or any of the Jews who make up the dictatorial 'human rights' council . . . would be a genuine act of patriotism," Linder wrote.

The Canadian Human Rights Commission and Mr. Warman alerted the Internet service provider that hosts the website and Kirksville police about Mr. Linder's message and other threatening messages on his website.

The Internet service provider pulled the plug on Mr. Linder's website Friday, but another site has carried Mr. Linder's call for the assassinations and has even posted Mr. Warman's address.

The Internet comments were made in response to the jailing two weeks ago of London, Ont., white supremacist Tomasz Winnicki.

Mr. Winnicki was sentenced to nine months for refusing to obey a Federal Court order prohibiting him from spreading hate messages on-line.

He was also found guilty in April of violating the Canadian Human Rights Act by posting messages that likely expose people to hatred or contempt.

Mr. Winnicki published profanity-laced attacks against minorities on the Internet.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

I'm not shocked that this is coming from Missouri. Missouri was the world head quarters for the KKK until they got kicked out now they are in arkansas. I've said many times about the situation in north st. louis. And if you take I-44 south of st. louis you will start to see a lot of confederate flags and "rebel by birth" bumper stickers.

Sportsdude

Here's this Alex Linder:

[img height=234 alt="" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/AlexLinder.jpg" width=200 border=0]

The goals of his Vanguard News Network:

According to archived correspondence at VNN, involving editorial responses to readers' letters, Linder seems to support the idea of a genocide against nonwhites - the idea that virtually all non-whites the world over ought to be exterminated, in order to eliminate even the possibility of racial intermixing, and their lands repopulated with white settlers.

Sadly the intermixing idea is not foreign to Missouri's rural communities. You get a lot of looks.

kitten

Isn't counselling a crime illegal?  I don't see how these people get away with this stupidity.  Advocating murder should be a criminal act.  This whole "white supremacy" nonsense disgusts me.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Its okay to practice hate in this country since we don't have hate speech laws but if you threaten a life like this guy did you can go to jail. But its not okay for a boob to pop out on television, then the world is coming to an end. Go figure. Hate Speech good: boobs on tv bad and the devil talking.

So since there is no real hate speech laws you can go to any church, religious gathering and here stuff that can be construde as racist. For example evangelicals preach hate against what they see as "liberal". That one church I talk about that part of my family goes to is conservative and is anti women anti interracial couples, then you've got those goofy baptist churches like that one that protests at dead soldiers funerals saying God is Punishing America bullshit for acceptance of gays.

There are neo nazi groups in Canada just like everywhere else but the mounties seem to keep a close eye on them which is not the case her. Heck, David Duke the ex leader of the KKK almost became the govenor of Louisiana. He finished second I believe.

Gopher

And here was I, thinking that nuts came from Brazil
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

I like to see him come to Canada and face the lot of us. *handling over pitch forks to everyone*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Wouldn't a cattle branding iron be a lot of fun?  We could find all sorts of uses for it.

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I don't!  That would be a horrible place to store it!

Sportsdude

TehBorken

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.