American or Canadian?

Started by Thayer, Jul 27 06 06:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Thayer

Is it just me or does this forum seem like an extenstion of a canadian forum.  It seems like about 80% of this forum is about Canada, Canadian-American Relationship, or just bizzare nonsense! There is nothing wrong with discussing such matters as such of underwater submarine bases, Zombies in Minneapolis, or the GDP of  Newfoundland. But come on! there is nothing about Seattle!...  IS Seattle that dead of a city that nobody posts current events, interesting news and  fun stuff to do around town?

I personally think Seattle is a very rare city that does not get its credit!  So if you are from Seattle or have actually lived and visited seattle please drop a line!  Good, Bad, OR indifferent!  Since this is a forum devouted to Seattle.

Cheers Thayer (first post)    

Sportsdude

Well most of the people on here are Canadian. Except for a few Tehborken (the creator of this site), Tenkani, 49er, Future Canadian, and me Sportsdude.

Look at the three people who post the most topics on here

Tehborken

Sportsdude

Lise

I'm more interested in Canadian life and politics. Hence the Newfoundland and Labrador GDP topic

Lise posts odd to funny stuff and occaisonally does something about Vancouver.

Tehborken finds the weird stuff.

Yes most are Canadians on here. What does this have to do with Seattle? I dunno. The only part of Seattle I've seen is the airport and flying over it. Been to Tacoma though.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

[FONT size=5]VIVA LA CANADIA, YOU *bleep bleep bleep bleep*!!! *blow maple-scented kisses*[/FONT]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Marik

Is that ice on the water?? Pretty chilly to take a swim... maybe its that polar bear event?  

soapbox

i'm canadian but visit this site because DV is such a horrible board.

seattle is a great city but not enough people from seattle post here!    

Some Chick

Exactly.  I'd love to hear from more people in Seattle, that's just not what is happening.  So... Post more.

We Canadians could all shut up if you like.  You won't have much to read, but at least it will be all YOURS.  

Dale

I'm American and live in Seattle. I like this forum and all the weird and wonderful stuff posted here! I also like Canada, by the way- a wonderful country with nice people in my opinion.

CK

I think people are just happy its not like DV. What a mess!

As for Seattle, what a beautiful city!! Only visited a few times, mostly during the 90s, and seen many cool bands there.

TehBorken

I'm feeling very, errr, Canadian right now. Or I'd like to, anyway.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

Thayer wrote:
Is it just me or does this forum seem like an extenstion of a canadian forum.  It seems like about 80% of this forum is about Canada, Canadian-American Relationship, or just bizzare nonsense!

Yeah, a lot of the people here are Canadian, and the bizarre nonsense is mostly just stuff that I (and others) find interesting or amusing.

IS Seattle that dead of a city that nobody posts current events, interesting news and  fun stuff to do around town?
Well, I guess so. I'm not a big "night life" kind of person and I don't follow local events very closely, so that's about it. Seattle is a great city but I don't feel compelled to cover it and talk about what's going on here. I'm probably not as well informed as others about that kind of stuff so I'll leave that sort of thing to them. You'd be more than welcome to provide some local color if ya feel like it.

Anyway, welcome to DS, Thayer.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Some Chick

I think it may be the fact that many of us north of the border consider Seattle a kind of "Sister City" since we are so close geographically, culturally and climate-wise.

Denis

Visited your city about 10 years ago, was impressed with the views,the dudes and I at last found good coffee (I'm a Brit).

So glad you dynamited the downtown dome, it was bloody hideous!!!

Hope to visit soon  -  D.R.

Lise

Best things to come outta Seattle:

COFFEE

and

TehBorken

and not necessary in that order.................................
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I've been to Seattle several times......very nice there.  I too think of it as our 'Sister City'.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.