Is Bush That Big Of An Idiot??

Started by TehBorken, Feb 22 06 08:54

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Fox "News" claims "Bush Didn't Know About Port Deal".

I think that's a load of crap. He knew all about it, and if he didn't, more's the shame to him. He's lost his f*cking mind, outsourcing key shipping and security ports to a company from the United Arab Emirates. How could he possibly be unaware of this?? It's this kind of blatant bullshit that drives me up the wall. Just follow the money, boys, follow the money.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,185677,00.html

WASHINGTON — President Bush was unaware that a controversial deal to sell shipping operations at six major U.S. seaports to a United Arab Emirates-owned firm was in the works until it was approved by his administration, the White House said Wednesday.
[span id="intelliTXT"][/span]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

And why does Condoleeza Rice always look pissed off?
[div class="postimageleft" style="width: 116px;"][img alt="U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice" src="http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/worldviews/2006/02/22/RICE%202.jpg" border="0" height="116" width="116"][/div]

Brent

Hey, it's actually 8 ports. Yup, watching CNN you won't find any Republican defending it, some explain how it happened but won't stick up for it!  Bush 's threat to Veto opposition sure makes it clear he must have known and has some 'good' reason for this(that I'm sure is explained on some conspiracy website like  'Alex Jones Info Wars', or 'Cloak+ Dagger' etc.) It ain't gonna happen!      -BuckFush-

49er

it didn't surprise me when I first read the story..........he has always strike me as a pawn of people like Cheney...I bet later his reason that he didn't know was he delegated the responsibility to someone else in his administration

TehBorken

Ye$, I'm $ure that our e$teemed Pre$ident ha$ very good rea$on$ for making $ure that thi$ deal goe$ through.

CK

Things can only get better!

[A href="http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=oabspd"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/oabspc.jpg" border=0][/A]

Witch

So is the issue the management of port facilities by any foreign company? Or just by foreign companies owned by a certain race of people?

TehBorken

So is the issue the management of port facilities by any foreign company? Or just by foreign companies owned by a certain race of people?

I think the UAE has in many instances been inimical to the US, and in a variety of ways. Perhaps the issue is management of port facilities by a country that isn't a likely sponsor for terrorism against the country where the port facilities are located. (I hate using the "T" word, but sometimes it's relevant.)

Having it in British or Japanese hands (for example) wouldn't be any guarantee that the management wouldn't be used against us or breached in some way, but I see a greater likelihood of that happening if things were managed by a company from the UAE. Is that racism?

I'm making the best judgement I can based on what I know. Skin color isn't a factor for me.

This is just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Sportsdude

It doesn't matter who runs the port it because the security will and always has been under 'homeland' security. Anybody who is against this is only feeding more hatred in the middle east because it is showing that we are racist.  A British Company owns the ports but according to statistics 3,000 british men have trained in Afghanistan and the London bombings were by brits born in britian.  Anybody who is against this is based off of terrorism. For instance The Port of Vancouver is affected by this takeover and I don't see the Canadian Media or people getting upset over this.  The American people have islamaphobia - fear of anything muslim, and its showing.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

the company that gets to run a port will learn its infrastrucure...power substation locations, communication center locations and their weak points, monitoring frequencies, unguarded gate locations, access to underside of wharves, storage locations of sensitive cargoes, movement of military cargoes, etc.  

something is just not right with this port deal