Things that your parents have said that doesn't make sense

Started by purelife, Jul 27 06 03:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

What were some things that your parents have told you that doesn't make any sense at all?  ie. beliefs, superstitions, etc.

My mom always told me to never sleep with my hair wet because I could get a headache the next day.  NOT TRUE.

She told me not to walk out in the cold with wet hair because I could get a cold/fever.

Oh, a friend of mine told me that her mom told her that she had to have a shower before ironing.  

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Aboozer

purelife wrote:
 What were some things that your parents have told you that doesn't make any sense at all?  ie. beliefs, superstitions, etc.

My mom always told me to never sleep with my hair wet because I could get a headache the next day.  NOT TRUE.

She told me not to walk out in the cold with wet hair because I could get a cold/fever.

Oh, a friend of mine told me that her mom told her that she had to have a shower before ironing.  [/DIV]
 ------------------------

The wet hair one in the cold I think is true.

My parents said that if you put your hands on your head that they will die.  
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Sportsdude

I've always gone out in the cold with wet hair. Haven't been sick yet. But if water gets in your ear then you might be asking for something.

Dad always told me that.

purelife

Yeah, me neither.  I've been out with wet hair in the cold and haven't been sick.  I think that I get sick from others moreso.

What do you mean about the not putting your hand on your head thing, Aboozer?  

purelife

Oh, the "you must save yourself after marriage" was another thing that never made sense to me.

Sportsdude

you mean save yourself before marriage.

Wait to til you get married, that kind a thing.

Total bull.

I've seen people like that in there 20's and they act like little kids, not matured at all when it comes to talking about relationships.

Aboozer

like you know how you sit in a chair and relax and cross your fingers together kind of and put your hands on top of your head...well some people do that...thats what they meant

and as for the wet hair outside thing, I'm originally from norther alberta where it gets up to about minus 40....so I think thats why it was true for me. In Van you can't help but have wet hair outside with the rain and all.  

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

purelife

oops, yup, that was what I meant, SD.  

Oh, another thing that my parents told me is "marry an asian guy because the divorce rate is lower".... LOL.  what BS!

purelife

Aboozer, but what will die?  the hair?  that doesn't make sense to me...

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:   Oh, another thing that my parents told me is "marry an asian guy because the divorce rate is lower".... LOL.  what BS!

You've just answered the biggest question in the history of DV: Why do Asian women prefer white guys.

Aboozer

no your parents will die if you do that. Its kinda weird...

and of course it doesn't make sense to you...read the title of your thread..haha  

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Aboozer

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

purelife

Aboozer wrote:
 no your parents will die if you do that. Its kinda weird...

and of course it doesn't make sense to you...read the title of your thread..haha

LOL Aboozer.

Yeah, I've never heard of that one. truly weird...

|