Things that your parents have said that doesn't make sense

Started by purelife, Jul 27 06 03:24

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

My parents said a lot of things that didn't make sense to me as a kid......but most of them do now. (except for the lamb thing)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

jeffbc

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

P.C.

That could be true, jeffbc......sounds possible.

I remember a story of a woman who was cooking a ham for Easter dinner.  As she sliced a one inch slab off the end of the ham before placing it in the roasting pan, her daughter asked her why she cut the slab off.  The mother said, that's just the way you cook a ham......my mother always did it like that, and it was always delicious.

The next time the woman and her daughter were at the 'grandmas' house, she asked her mother why you had to cut the one inch slab off the ham.  Her mother answered......I cut the one onch slab off the ham, because it didn't fit in the roasting pan.  

P.C.

P.C.

jeffbc

Are you going to tell us what the point is?
Or just keep it too yourself?
Don't make me give you a lamb basting!!
(Sounds more fun than a lambasting)
[div style="text-align: left;"]  [/div]
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

P.C.

The point is, that we accept things that we learn from our parents with blind faith.  Only when we develope the ability to question or use different paths in our brain do we actually learn.  We only use such a small percentage of our brain, because there are already concepts 'mapped out' for us.  We follow them repeatedly until we learn to think differently.  (I think)

jeffbc

Immitation without comprehension.
But why can't we touch our heads? I don't follow that one.
Hunter S. Thompson

P.C.

But why can't we touch our heads? I don't follow that one.

Ummmm....me neither.  Did I say that???

P.C.

Liked talking to you jeffbc, but there's a pillow with my name on it. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/k030.gif" border=0]    

jeffbc

Aboozer wrote:
purelife wrote:
 What were some things that your parents have told you that doesn't make any sense at all?  ie. beliefs, superstitions, etc.

My mom always told me to never sleep with my hair wet because I could get a headache the next day.  NOT TRUE.

She told me not to walk out in the cold with wet hair because I could get a cold/fever.

Oh, a friend of mine told me that her mom told her that she had to have a shower before ironing.  [/div]
 [div]------------------------
The wet hair one in the cold I think is true.

My parents said that if you put your hands on your head that they will die.

Aboozer wrote it. I don't get it. Usually these  things  parents  say  are  in   regard to morality or hygene. Touching my head can kill my parents? I don't get it.

Hunter S. Thompson

jeffbc

Thx, ditto, later
Hunter S. Thompson

P.C.

That one is truly an enigma....rofl.  Maybe they meant his hands would fall asleep and FEEL like they were dead.  Or maybe they were just.....ummmm.....crazy?

P.C.

jeffbc

i'm stealing your pillow
Hunter S. Thompson

|