Things that your parents have said that doesn't make sense

Started by purelife, Jul 27 06 03:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
purelife wrote:    Oh, another thing that my parents told me is "marry an asian guy because the divorce rate is lower".... LOL.  what BS!

You've just answered the biggest question in the history of DV: Why do Asian women prefer white guys.
Well, I don't know if the rate is lower but I know that the majority of the couples who are asian together aren't happy!  They are already divorced at home but not with the gov't.  

Aboozer

Ya my grade 2 teacher found it weird too when she asked why I refused to put my hands on my head when we played simon says...

how come it always says 39 posts beside my name and doesn't change everytime I post?  
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Some Chick

My last post before running away for the day.

"Cover your legs in the cold or you'll get veins"

"Can't swim for one hour after eating"

"Your face will stay like that"

"Why buy the cow when the milk is free"  (I ain't no cow!)

"If we trim your hair it will grow long faster"

"Don't shave your legs, it will grow back thicker"

Those are a few of the gems.  By tomorrow I will probably remember more.  

Ta ta for now.    

purelife

Speaking of shaving, my mom always said

"Don't shave your vagina because you need the hairs to protect that area."  LOL!

"When you are menstruating, don't eat pineapple.  It'll make it worse."  LOL!  I've eaten pineapple plenty of times and nothing bad happens.    

49er

purelife wrote:
Speaking of shaving, my mom always said

"Don't shave your vagina because you need the hairs to protect that area."  LOL!

"When you are menstruating, don't eat pineapple.  It'll make it worse."  LOL!  I've eaten pineapple plenty of times and nothing bad happens.

Wouldn't surprse me if your parents are country folks and grew up in a rural chinese village.  Village people have many beliefs that are largely based on balancing the ying and the yang

49er

here's one when I was a kid..........

"don't swallow the seed, if you do a tree will grow out of your head"

and I also was told not to sleep with wet hair because I will get splitting headaches when I am old.

P.C.

When I was doing something that made my mom angry, she would always say "I'll lamb baste you to a wall".  It was all I could do to not laugh, because it made absolutely no sense to me at all.  (It still doesn't)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Don't hang your underwear out on some God's b'day. I forget which God she was referring too. Apparently you risk his wrath by hanging your un-menationables outside.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

fletcher

After finding a note in my notebook which I wrote to a friend in class at high school where I used the phrase 'piss me off' my mother told me never to use that word as the only person she ever heard use that word ended up in a mental institution.

Some Chick

When I was four, I was in the bedroom with my mom while she was getting dressed and I noticed that she had hair "down there".  I asked her why and she said, "God put it there."

So I asked her when she'd been in heaven.

jeffbc

P.C. wrote:
"When I was doing something that made my mom angry, she would always say "I'll lamb baste you to a wall".  It was all I could do to not laugh, because it made absolutely no sense to me at all.  (It still doesn't)"

Here's your answer:
lambaste lam-BAYST, transitive verb:1. To give a thrashing to; to beat severely.2. To scold sharply; to attack verbally; to berate.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

P.C.

jeffbc

No foolin', it's a word.
[div style="text-align: left;"]  [/div]
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

P.C.

rofl.....the visual I had as a kid involved roasting.

jeffbc

I knew someone who said tea tasted better if the water was only allowed to just come to a boil. If the water boiled for too long, too much oxygen would escape, and the tea would not taste as good.
If too much oxygen escaped, you would then have a pot of boiling hydrogen on the stove.....
That would be a problem.
[div style="text-align: left;"]  [/div]
Hunter S. Thompson

|