English Bay Fireworks

Started by Some Chick, Jul 26 06 01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Some Chick

Any Vancouverites wandering down there tonight?  I'm right by the beach and I have no idea what time I will be able to get to sleep tonight with the crowds and helicopters that are going to swarm.

purelife

I won't be going.  I might try for next Wed. or Saturday.

I guess that you can watch the fireworks from your apt., Some chick?

Some Chick

I don't think so since I'm on the second floor and face toward Stanley Park, although there is a common area on the roof where I could.  They're only letting 80 people up there tonight, first come sort of thing.  I might go up there, but I'm not sure I want to hang out with my neighbours.

Though, maybe there will be a cute one to look at...

Hmmm

Oh, that reminds me.  Some guy gave me his business card this morning while I was walking to work.  One of the local realtors.  Ima email him.  He was cute.  Hair was too perfect, but 30 seconds with me would fix that  ;)

purelife

Hair was too perfect, but 30 seconds with me would fix that  ;)

LOL....  

I would so go up on the deck to check out the guys.  Heck, I did it today when we had a building tenant party.  WOWZA, these guys were smokin hawt with their suits and ties...ooooohhh la la.....  ;)  

I say, go for it, somechick.  Oh, and do let us know how mister cutie realtor turns out, k?  

Some Chick

You know what?  I just might go up there after all...

As for the cutie realtor, I just emailed him.  Be nice to have a distraction for once... or ... erm... even twice..

purelife

Good for you.  And hopefully, he's a nice gentleman to go with the looks.  :)

Some Chick

THAT would be a refreshing change.

purelife

Morning Somechick.

Did you end up watching the fireworks last night?  How was it?

Some Chick

I did.  I didn't go up to the common area in my building though.  I just really do not want to know my neighbours.  I wasn't going to go, but I could hear the crowds and it was just too much energy for me to stay away from.  

The fireworks were nice.  Nothing spectacular until the finale, but still nice.  

The people though...  There's a level of rudeness in this city that makes my blood boil and sometimes all I want to do is ram my elbow into someone's head.

And the fact is that I'm actually very laid back.  So...

But I am glad I didn't sit wishing I'd gone.

purelife

Yeah, gotta agree with you on the rudeness factor in Vancouver.  It's probably a large crowd syndrome where people are rude.  The pushing and shoving can go so far.....

Anyways, glad that you enjoyed it.  I may go next Wed or to the last one.  Haven't decided.

Some Chick

Oh and my new little realtor friend did not follow my instructions.  He had asked me to call him, and I gave him my number instead telling him to give me a call when he was done work.  He never called, and I didn't call him.  Unfortunately, dating for the last few years has taught me a thing or three about "game play".

I get to work this morning, and there's an email with his home number asking me to call him to set up a late date for after the fireworks.  I don't touch a computer after I leave the office, so I didn't see it till today.

Men.  I tell ya.

I will call him tonight.  He's cute so I'll cut him some slack  ;)

purelife

Yup, that's a typical guy.  LOL.  You tell him to do something, he's not gonna listen...guys call this "selective hearing."  LOL, selective hearing my as*!  :P    

Some Chick

I'd better just hurry up and go out with him.  It's been so long since I bothered with a date, he might actually not be as hot as I think he is.

*Grabs his business card to double check*

Yeah.  Still a little meterosexual for my taste, but ...  At least I know he cleans up well.

I never looked twice at him when I saw him at first.  I always assume any guy I meet where I live is gay, since it's one of the largest gay populations in North America.  Kind of opposite how other neighbourhoods are.    

purelife

LOL SC.  I think that he would have to be clean and extremely presentable if he's selling million dollar homes.  Many male realtors/salesman look absolutely polished to the tee, too perfect!  :P  Bleh!  More perfect than me, but then again, I don't do sales.  :)

Some Chick

True.  As long as he knows how to get dirty, it's fine.

I'm so glad I don't have to be perfect for my job.  I'm in sales, but mine is all online and conference calls.  I thought about realestate, but I make pretty good money, I'm off at 3pm, and I never work a weekend or take any of my work home with me.