Look out, God is in a pissy mood

Started by TehBorken, Jul 24 06 03:05

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h4]Boy, I bet Pat Robertson is wetting his pants. How dare their God tell them to go to war- that's Pat's exclusive territory![/h4]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][h4]Somali Islamists say told by God to fight Ethiopia[/h4] [div class="timestamp"]Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:44 PM BST[img id="ArticleHeadline_IPSegment" title="148" src="http://i.today.reuters.co.uk/images/spacer.gif" alt="148" style="border-width: 0px; height: 10px; width: 4px;"]
By Guled Mohamed[/div]                                         [input value="13" name="CurrentSize" id="CurrentSize" type="hidden"]        MOGADISHU (Reuters) - Somalia's Islamists whipped up religious fervour against Ethiopia on Monday, telling demonstrators God had commanded that they fight troops sent into the country by Addis Ababa to oppose their advance.[/p]"We are telling Ethiopia that we are ready to die," said Sheikh Mukhtar Robow, a senior Islamist in charge of defence.[/p][div class="pullQuote"][a href="jvascript:commonPopup%28%27/news/newsPhotoPresentation.aspx?type=worldNews&imageID=2006-07-24T144004Z_01_L24902902_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0.xml%27,%20560,%20535,%201%29"][img]http://i.today.reuters.co.uk/misc/genImage.aspx?uri=2006-07-24T144004Z_01_L24902902_RTRUKOP_2_PICTURE0.jpg&resize=w160" alt="" style="margin-bottom: 8px;" border="0" width="160"][/a][/div]"We've been commanded by God to fight you," he said at a rally of hundreds of mostly young men and a few veiled women at a football stadium in the Islamist-controlled capital. [/p]    [/p]The demonstrators set fire to an Ethiopian flag to cries of "God is great!"
[/p][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]  
Yeah, God is so great he's gonna start a war. Wonderful.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Not suprised. Anyone ever heard of the Lord's Resistance Army. Its rebel group of a bunch of Ugandan christians who kidnap and rape little kids and put them in there little 'army'. Boys and girls as young as 5 have been taught to fight. Oh and yeah they do it in the name of God.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

It's not God that's bad. It's the ppl who preach the 'word' of God, who twist religion in the name of God..... these ppl should be burn in Hell for that.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah. But for me coming back seems like sorry out of luck, for me.  I just can't stand the preaching of hate. (again not my church  (mostly, not been there because I'm ashamed mainly and its far away, don't feel like driving there and I don't want the questions asked) but the other churches, I see I don't like).
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Th preachers of hate preach against God rather than for him - strange that they can't see it.
A fool's paradise is better than none.