Good deals at T&T Supermarket Metrotown

Started by Lise, Jul 24 06 12:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

They've opened up a new wing dedicated to hot & cold food. If you come after 5pm, the stuff usually go on discount. They even offer dim sum for under $2.00
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I found the food there to be really old and not fresh.  I've heard terrible stories about T&T's food not being hygenic.  I generally stay away from their hot and cold food.    

kingy

i thought their stuff is usually quite pricey. i know they were renovating the metrotown store for the past little while. i take it they are finished??

they do have some pretty unique stuff that are hard to find. i love those red bean ice creme bars.

Lise

Well, I would stay away from their pickled whatever they  have but go for the soy chicken or BBQ duck which are usually discounted.

They also have some bakery goods on sale.

Yes, kingy.... they're somewhat finish. There's still a bit more to go but they're mostly done. A lot more check-outs than before.[/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I'm going to try visiting that place tonight if I could manage to drag my body to Metrotown...oh how I dread going there.

I almost forgot that they had the soy chicken.  I like those.

Lise

I love soy chicken, that's why I'm forever checking the stuff out.

There's a cheaper deal at the Crystal Mall, purelife if you're interested. A whole soy chicken for under $9 located at the market level, near the escalators.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Thanks for that tip, Lise.  It's been a long time since I have been to Crystal.  That place reminds me of the stores in Richmond, cheap.

Marik

Once bought one of those steamed vegetable buns and found out it was moldy  :(    their "factory" sushi isn't all that good either.. but its cheap.