Unbelievable. Cops are checking ID at movie theatres again around here

Started by Sportsdude, Jul 22 06 02:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

What a joke. I didn't see this film but apparently across the land cops are checking IDs for Clerks II. Not at the ticket counter but entering the movie theatre. They aren't letting in anyone under 21. 21!

What the f*ck is wrong with this country! 21! Unbelievable. Saw 10 18 year olds denied entry because they didn't have proper ID. When has an R become a no one under 21.

Apparently its a red state thing. Because I've only seen it happen here (Missouri) and in Florida. Couldn't buy multiple rated R tickets in Florida (I only wanted to buy 2) they said you had to be 21 to by multiple tickets. Boy did I go crazy. Good thing there was glass between me and the goofy guy who wouldn't let me buy 2 tickets because I'd probly had strangled him. I basically told him this:

"If a F*king 19 year old can't buy 2 rated R tickets then raise the god damn age to 21 you f*king idiot, 18 means 18! You and your stupid piece of sh*t state can go to hell."

Saw the same movie again with my cousin in Illinois and we bought 3 tickets all by one person. And they didn't care.

The movie was Wedding Crashers.

The other time they carded me was when a group of friends and I went to see Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.  Fat idiots again checking ID at the movie entrance. What a joke of a country.

Rating system needs to be overhauled

It should look like this:

17A (R-NC 17) graphic violence, extreme graphic sex (rape scenes)

15A (PG-13-R) war violence, stronger sex, nudity

12A (PG-PG13) sex, nudity, epic violence, horror violence

6A  (PG) language, comic violence

A (G) no nudity, language, violence

Examples of my system would be

18A: Clockwork Orange, 9 Songs, City of God, these movies cannot be treated like the NC-17 movies of today. They must be treated like any other film

15A: Teen comedy movies American Pie movies, Saving Private Ryan, most R stuff

12A: Lord of the Rings, Wedding Crashers, those dumb PG 13 horror films, most comedy films

6A: Superman, Spiderman,

A: Shrek, Cars,  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."