LOL!! Peter McKay writes a letter to the Globe and Mail saying response was swif

Started by Sportsdude, Jul 21 06 02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Biggest joke I've ever seen!

Fact is Peter you were at HOME IN NOVA SCOTIA!!

YOU TOLD THE WORLD THAT CANADIANS DIED IN LEBANON ON THE PHONE TO CTV AT HOME.

McKay is a joke and he should resign.

Here's the goofy letter. (In all my years I've never seen this done before)

[A href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/bnfiles/pages/mackaylettertogreenspon.html"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/bnfiles/pages/mackaylettertogreenspon.html[/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

[P class=MsoNormal style="mso-layout-grid-align: none"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; 10pt: "]"Given the severity of the current situation and operations in the [?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /][st1:place w:st="on"]Middle East[/st1:place], I would strongly encourage you as the Editor in Chief of the Globe and Mail to not allow uninformed and false sniping from the shadows of anonymity. I strongly believe that such serious allegations require sources that are prepared to go on the record - and stand by their statements in the light of day. It is profoundly disturbing and disappointing that an institution such as the Globe and Mail would allow such a story to be printed without either naming its source or allowing the Prime Minister's Office to comment. [?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="mso-layout-grid-align: none"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; 10pt: "][o:p] [/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="mso-layout-grid-align: none"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; 10pt: "]The very serious allegations you printed are completely untrue and without merit. I sincerely hope in the future that the Globe and Mail takes its responsibilities to Canadians - and the truth - far more seriously than you have today."[/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="mso-layout-grid-align: none"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; 10pt: "][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="mso-layout-grid-align: none"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; 10pt: "][FONT face="Times New Roman"]Whoa hold on there Petey, your governments "I hate the focking liberal media bowlsheet" has I believe gone over the edge now. What are you going to do now? Sue the paper? Close it? If you do you're government is toast. Talk about dictatorship and censorship.[/FONT][/SPAN]

Sportsdude

What has Canada done?

I know they wanted change after 13 years of the Liberals but Canada has instead elected a bunch of wannabe dictators who want to control everything.

The Globe and Mail is a newspaper, it can publish whatever it sees fit. Tough luck if its against you. I don't remember you (McKay) when your whole trist with Belinda was aired. I didn't check the tabloids at the time but I bet you and Belinda had a picture on the Toronto Sun with a giant crack going down the middle. Give me a break.  What has Canada done?!  

Some Chick

We elected a Bush wannabebootlicker.

That's what we've done.

He won't last.  We might seem quiet and passive, but you don't get away with screwing around with things we have earned the rights to.  Free speech being one of them.  

One of my clients in Alaska, that is heavily involved in making sure the Exxon accident is paid for, told me "Canadians just GET IT because they're not subjected to the same propaganda we're fed in the US".  

We were both stunned to find that the majority government programs in the US would not fund any organization that lobbied against petroleum companies, in any way shape or form.  Even if it was to get them to compensate for making a mess that will be affecting generations to come.  Private foundations are the only ones that will.

She just sat there going "oh my god".

kitten

Since so many in the higher echelon of government is connected to oil in one way or another, they aren't likely to permit anything that would possibly crimp their profits.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Among our 'betters' self interest is considered to be the only thing worthy of aspiration.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Many of them claim to be "self-made" men, and it shows, doesn't it!

Gopher

Just a pity that they always use other people for their materials.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten