So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Morning DS!

Yes it got pretty hot here PC.. nice later at night when it cooled off. It looks like a scortcher today!! We are going to hit sproat lake I think and see the Mars Bombers.. apparently they have a gift shop there now as well! I wanna mug with a Mars Bomber on it! lol

I heard somehting about a bbq? I think that might be a good idea.. we saw a new idea for doing ribs on a bbq.. and we are going to try that.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Teeehehe...... ooops....... actually, I read somewhere that you can sprinkle sugar on the dough just before it hits the oven. Kinda like a making it into a sweet dessert. I think they were using cinnamon sugar, not sure. It's one of those recipes that I browsed through ages ago. Mexicana.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Morning miss Lise.. whats your plans for the day?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Nothing much. I might have to mow the lawn. We may be expecting company this weekend. We're trying to head to a park for a picnic with everyone (something ridiculous like 20 something people) but it may rain which means I have to clean the house and mow the lawn before this weekend. A big job....

What are up to, amigo? Speaking of which, did you ever get our emails????? I'm still waiting on your answer, mon.

EDIT: OK. Got your reply. We'll see you and SF soon. Yay!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!  

Morning Russ and Lise.      

Lise

Heya Missy purelife, what's shakin? Hope all is well with you.

Any plans for this weekend?
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Saturday morning, have to get my brakes done.  Then, there's this BBQ at my guy's mom's place for the evening.  That's about it that's exciting.  I'm not too sure what I want to do on Sunday but I REALLY so DESPERATELY want to drive up somewhere.  We might just go for a drive around the outskirts of Vancouver.  Gotta get away from Vancouver.

Lise

BBQ. Hmmm. Always good to have in the summer. I love BBQ but hate the clean-up.

Go to Deep Cove, purelife. It's really nice there. You can go crabbing if you're into that sorta thing. There's a small hiking trail up the mountain (easy hike) and the view is absolutely gorgeous!
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Ah yes.... I've heard of Deep Cove.  You have to take the ferry there from HorshoeBay, North Vancouver, right?      

Lil Me

No ferry.  It's in North Van.  Take the 1st exit off the 2nd Narrows Bridge and keep going.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Thanks for the info gals.  If my guy says it's ok, we'll be heading down there this weekend.  From the sounds of it too, it's not too far away of a drive.  Hope the weather keeps up!  I would love do the hike.

tenkani

Good morning.

What's for Lunch??
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

If I remember, I'll bring my Easy Hiking book so I can show you. The place I'm thinking of... at least the hiking place is called Grey Rock in North Vancouver. Easy hike for adults, not so easy for the little ones.

The instructions (from book) is as follows:

1) Take Hwy 1 (Upper Levels Hwy) to the north end of the Second Narrows Bridge and take the 1st eastbound exit.

2) Follow Dollarton Hwy to Deep Cove.

3) At Panorama Dr, go left. Park on the right in the lot at Panorama Park.

The trail is located between the houses, you'll have to search for it. There should be a sign there that should lead you up the trail. Keep walking upwards till you reach the top which is like a flat rock area.

There are some lovely food stores by the cove. We ate sushi at one of those places. It was nice just to sit there and watch the world go by.

Alternatively, (and this is a hike we really, really want to attempt one of these days) you can Widgeon Falls in East Vancouver. It does require more stamina and you'll also need to hire a canoe or kayak to access the trailhead. I think you can rent the canoes and kayak from June to September.

This place rents canoe: [A href="http://www.aylacanoes.com/"]http://www.aylacanoes.com/[/A]  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

OMG! tenkani!! Long time no talk! How are you?
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Lise, baby I'm sorry for getting lost in time and space    :))))

*hugs!!!!*

I only have a second. My carpool dude is coming soon. Maybe I will try to make myself really small and hide under my desk from him...
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|