So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

No nekkid swimming today?

I'm back from Strata Council.  No fights tonight!  Meetings usually finish with a long night of council drinking, but I'm off to bed to read.  I'm too frickin tired to socialize.  Except with you people!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Evening Lil Me. :)))

Is it volunteer work being on the strata, Lil Me, or are you forced to be on it?

Lil Me

Volunteer.  There are 7 council members.  I share the secretary position.  Meetings are usually a source of cheap entertainment.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Yea, I know what you mean about cheap entertainment and "politics."  

Sweet dreams, Ms LM.

Sportsdude

kashi is a great cereal brand pl.

Well I went to this mexican restaurant in Chester IL home of Popeye the sailor man and I went to my wallet to find that my debit card was missing. yeesh Must of left it at Applebees the night before. Called Applebees in Carbondale (college town) up and they said "Yeah we've got a couple debit/credit cards in the back. (a 'couple'? lol lol lol lol at least I'm not the only one. phew!) So I've got to pick up my debit card tomorrow. lol

I was worried the waitress that was hitting on me all night took it or something. Geesh its like the girls around here never seen males before. Carbondale is the fatest college town though that might have something to do with it. ;)    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Devil

Happy Thursday. One more sleep, then I am off to Ft. Lauderdale. Dammit! Looks like I will actually have to get work done while I am there. Boooo!!

P.C.

Who's a lucky boy!  You'll be able to keep in touch while you're away?  We'd miss you if you couldn't.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Devil

Sure! I will have my laptop!

First time there in mid summer, although the weather forcast doesn't look much different than the spring...31 degrees, showers every afternoon, and lightning. day in, day out. Looks like the first few days will be indoors, mostly meetings, bleh! Hopefully get to South Beach by next weekend. I even bought some new clothes and I am ready to party party PARTY!! Woooohoo!

My Miami counterpart there plans on showing me the time of my life as they are trying to convince me to move permanently.

I have to decide soon...my gut is turning now at night thinking about it!

purelife

Morning PC and Devil!

I added a smidge of coffee to my usual tea for that extra "kick."  Not bad, I have to say. :)))

Fort Lauderdale?  OMGJELUX!  I have to get my brakes done this weekend but then heading out to a family BBQ. :)))

Devil

Hey gorgeous! Where ya heading for the BBQ? outside of the city?

P.C.

Just to the lake near our home.....only about 5 minutes away.  Then off to the mainland in the next day.  Not quite as exciting as going to Florida !

Devil

Haha! My first time in South Florida, I seen a T-shirt that said "Welcome to Florida" with a big gun on it. Some are saying it is the Detroit of the south. But, like all places, depends on the hood you are in.

Last time I was there, I seen a lot of beauty...and beauties!! Nice change of scenery...the palm trees I mean....

Devil

It is slow here these days. I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and not working too hard.

or maybe everyone is on facebook these days?? lol! Hopefully it is the summer enjoyment thing instead.

Lise

Greetings, Devil. I hope you have a nice time in Florida. Y'know, funny about the gun thingee... I think it's quite acceptable to have guns flashed everywhere there. When I was there, I was acutely aware of that. Gangters walking around, flashing gold and what-have-you-not and the fact that they made a presence, (hostile presence) was very foreign to me. Still... it was something to experience. Most people were nice but guarded.

LOL about the diapers and landfill. I have enough to fill all the way to Mars and back, nevermind our landfill.   Yes, I can totally believe that. I did think about using those brand new cloth diapers (cost a pretty penny) but there's NO WAY in the world that I'm washing them, diaper-service or not. Disposable ones are a necessity in my life. If Olsen strongly advocates cloth diapers, he can do my babies anytime. I'm all for that.

Sugar on pizza. Never thought of that. Interesting. I like homemade pizza. Really good stuff. You can control whatever you put on it. Glad to hear your pizza went well, Lil Me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

lol....not sugar ON the pizza.....sugar IN the dough.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

|