So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Allo!  I had Hon's for lunch- pork and lotus root with XO chili sauce.

Attempting to make pizza dough.  I'm going out and I hope it rises!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Meh. Training pants don't work so well and they cost so much. I had to resort to using diapers but only when she's at home. I don't know how my parents do it back in the old days when there wasn't such a thing as disposable diapers. I swear I don't know how you cope, Ms. PC...

SD. It's Telus. Monopoly. No one else. Welcome to Canada.

Hons is awesome. I love Hons... except for the dang service, it's pretty cheap. I always order the wonton noodles with fish balls. I haven't tried the XO Chilli Sauce but my mother swears it's like the best chilli sauce on earth.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol no worries Lise.

Only thing I don't like is CanWest owning both newspapers the only newspapers (minus the straight) in Vancouver. Nobody should have a monopoly on the news in one city that's undemocratic. You need different point of views of the world and to have both paper's with CanWest's views are not good.

Just got up from a nap. Almost dinner time.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Won ton noodles with fish balls ?  Umm....I didn't even know fish HAD balls.

Lise, there were disposables when my kids were babes.....I just chose to use cloth. (mind you they were relatively newish.)  All 3 of my kids were out of diapers before a year old.....LOL  Those old flannels weigh a ton when wet.  As soon as they started wiggling out of them....I knew it was time....hahahahaha.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Fish balls.  LOL.
 We were thoroughly sucked into the paper product system.  Diapers, Pullups, Good Nights...
 At least I stopped using disposable feminine products.  The Diva Cup is the greatest thing evar.  (hope that wasn't too much information...)

The pizza was good.  Heckyl and Jeckyl said the crust could have been crispier.  So maybe I need to roll it thinner and bake it longer.  But everyone added their own pizza toppings, so no complaints about that!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Awesome Lil Me....good for you !  You can add a half teaspoon extra of sugar to your dough to make it crispier....or brush it with milk before you bake.  It's such a nice easy thing to do, and lots of fun for the kids.

Lil Me

Thanks for the tips, P.C.  There was no sugar in the dough (Canadian Living recipe)- just flour, yeast, salt, water and oil.  

P.C.

Hmmm...what a coincident.  Olsen on your side just did a little blurb on the news about disposable diapers, saying that 5 to 6 thousand diapers per baby has made them the largest contributor to our landfills.  They were showing some of the NEW cloth diapers.  Wow....have they come a long way.  All shaped just like a disposable.  No more folding.  

P.C.

Perfect......toss in a half teaspoon of sugar.  (how the heck does the yeast work without sugar?)  That's weird.

Well....good on ya for giving it a go.

purelife

Evening Lise, PC, Lil Me and SD.

That must've been one fun time with your boys, creating that pizza. :)))

Just got back from Costco and am trying this new cereal (for dinner) and so far, LOVE IT!

Russ

Evening... um PL you know that cereal is for the morning right? And its nightime? :):)

Went swimming at Stamp Falls and visiting most of the evening.. thank god for AC!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Hey Russ.  Yep, I'll be having it for the morning too! :)))  

I was like a kid who couldn't wait to open my prezzie...and in this case, the cereal was my prize.  I couldn't wait to try it!  Plus, I was hungry. :))

Swimming?  A la nude?

Russ

purelife wrote:
Hey Russ.  Yep, I'll be having it for the morning too! :)))  

I was like a kid who couldn't wait to open my prezzie...and in this case, the cereal was my prize.  I couldn't wait to try it!  Plus, I was hungry. :))

Swimming?  A la nude?

Im the same way with Cheerios to be honest.. I eat them all the time.. used to as well when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Um, no. All the locals were there as well, and I couldnt convince Starfish to let her tentacles fly!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

But then the locals could really say that they went "sight seeing."  

Who needs the ipod when they've got icandy, eh? ;)

P.C.

So it got pretty hot up there?  Port Alberni is often the hot spot on the island.  A dip in the lake sounds like a lovely way to beat the heat.    

|