So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

So far, the only one who doesn't complain is my dog. He's not too fussy which is why I love having him in the kitchen. He's so darn attentive and non-fussy.

It may be well advised to take note of your dogs good manners.  There are a lot of PEOPLE who could learn about not biting the hand that feeds them.  I will give you a blessing to pass on to puppy.

Experimentation and adventurous-ness in cooking, to me.....is the best indication of a good cook.

I like your recipe book idea Lise.....what a treasure that would be to them when they grow up.

I made a cookbook for hubby a few years back, with all of HIS successes.  I did a nice cover....table of contents and his photo on the front....lol.  I laminated each page and had it spiral bound.  He loved it.  I called it [FONT size=4]Mmmm[/FONT].  (My Man's Marvelous Meals)  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]   *you could call it My MOM's.........[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

LOL. What a novel idea! (excuse the pun) I haven't thought about laminating or doing any of the covers yet, all notes are just a bunch of mixed up pile of sheets. When I get the time maybe I'll do something like you.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  I'm finally home and time for a yawn.  

Something funny happened...I was on my way in the car to the Rec Centre for Jeckyl's BDay party when one of my boxes tipped over and I dumped out 1 doz cupcakes...LOL
 Luckily I had extras.

Later in the day I caught a performance by a travelling youth orchestra that I used to play for.  It was a trip down memory lane...

I'm sure I'll see all you nice folks in the morning.  Off to bed to read!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Good morning everyone.

How much were your front brakes, Lil Me?  Our mechanic quoted us $450 including tax for all 3 things.... can't remember what they were...brakes, pads, calibers,  I think.  Our back brakes were 60% ok.  Our mechanic said that our car was in good condition.  We had to change the oil and told us to check the oil levels in two weeks time to see if it has gone down 2 litres.  I sure hope our car isn't burning fuel that quick or it would be pretty serious.

I'm having such a wonderful weekend so far.  We watched a bit of the fireworks from our balcony that were shooting from New West Quay, Friday and Sat. night.  We went to a huge family get-together last night and tonight, we're going to the IMAX theatre to watch that Dinosaur 3D show.  Should be fun. :)))

Ok, hope everyone else is having a wonderful day.

Lise

Hello! Hello!

Hope you had fun at your dino show, purelife. I wish I could go and watch shows like that with the kiddies. Oh well. All in good time.

Nothing exciting. Rain's put a stop on things so we basically stayed around Burnaby. Went to the Crystal Mall and got a few items. Really busy over the weekend but so dirt cheap. Bakery goods went on sale around 3 to 4pm but I didn't buy the buns there. The last ones I bought were kinda stale so I have to wonder if they mix the fresh ones with the stale ones.

Ms. Crystal Mall Cover Girl 2007 was in fully swing. Of course, hubby made a bee line to go see the hot Asian chicks. Meh. Whatever stokes his chi......
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey Everyone!

pl-sounds like a fun weekend!

Lise-lol at hubby at the Crystal Mall.  Can't take men anywhere...

pl- My front brakes were cheaper at the local mechanic.  Here's a breakdown.  Don't ask me what it all means...I'm typing directly from the invoice.
 $77.31 parts (Brake Pads B - Ceram)
 $5.00 suppl
 $105.00 labour (service front brakes, clean & lube brake system, machine rotors, repl front pads)
 plus PST and GST

My day was pretty good.  Church, lunch, groceries, started watching Roseanne Season 1.  I'm laughing like stink.

Shake n Bake chicken (0.99 per pound drumsticks at T&T) for dinner.  Tried something new- dip chix in BBQ sauce then shake n bake.  It was really good!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Evening Lil Me.  Thanks for that breakdown... yea, I don't get it either.  It looks like you just got your pads done?  I could be wrong.    If not, that means that my mechanic is charging me WAYYYY too much for brakes.  

Shake n bake is yummy.  Don't you just love T&T for cheap food?!!

For dinner, we had cabbage rolls with fresh fruit for dessert.  

Lil Me

Cabbage rolls sound great!  I gotta make them sometime.  I cooked a bag of frozen cabbage rolls from the Stupidstore the other day (cover with tomato sauce, bake) and they were a wee bit....bland...  

purelife

I cheated...they weren't homemade this time.  I brought them from M&M meats.  I love their cabbage rolls.  I could never get my cabbage rolls to stick together with the cabbage.  

Lil Me

Ok, I gotta try the M&M version.  They've gotta be better than the no-name ones in the yellow bag!

Bought some lychees at T&T today.  So good!

purelife

lychees....my mouth is already watering.  

hey is it this friday at 7:30?  I can't seem to remember which time it was...

Lil Me

Think so.

I'm gonna hit the hay.  G'night!

purelife

G'night Lil Me.  Sweet dreams *HUGZ*

Oh, I went to two Superstores looking for that water pillow but no luck... :(((  I'll have to keep on looking because I so desperately need a solution.  I really hate waking up in the middle of the nights with sore necks/shoulders....

Devil

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

My weekend was amazing. Can't get enough of that lake.

It is still hot here. Happy Monday!!  

tenkani

Happy Monday, Devil!!!

What did you do at the lake???  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|