So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Quote from: Lil Me on Dec 10 15 06:29
Going to make latkes and salad for din din.  Happy Hanukkah everyone!

Evening LM

What is a latkes?

Lunch was spicy chicken tortillas. Dinner was Some sort of chicken strips in a white cream sauce, with carrots and some sort of squash.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Latkes is the fried potato pancake for Hanukkah.  Terrible for you but a nice treat once a year!
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/potato-latkes-104406 (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/potato-latkes-104406)

This weekend we were invited to Mr LM's work Xmas party for his new job.  Nicest work Xmas party I've ever been to! We got picked up and driven to a beautiful restaurant with a view.  3 course meal with a choice of steak or salmon and some really great wine. I hadn't met the coworkers or partners before but found that the people were all really, really nice.

I was wondering what was going to happen with the free flowing alcohol and rides home provided, but everyone was really well behaved and respectful.  Sure, we probably drank a bit more than we would if we had been driving, but it was all work-appropriate...except perhaps for the boss, who was hammered!

Cooked a beef roast, Greek roast potatoes and broccoli for dinner.  It was the first Sunday in a long time that I was actually home during the day, so it seemed a good thing to do.  Watched Downton Abbey online and enjoyed the smell of dinner cooking.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

I only do pastry once a year, and it's for Tourtiere: French Canadian meat pies we have at Xmas.  Made 2 and froze them.  Will bake them during the holidays at my brother-in-law's house.

Lunch was salad from the Save On Deli and dinner was take-out from T&T. We got 2 x (4 dishes with rice), a side of spicy tofu and and side of BBQ sausage.  4 of us (including 2 hungry teenagers) ate take-out for under $20. #winning
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Lunch was Curried Chicken on rice. Dinner was some sort of beef stroganoff look alike, that had coconut milk in with it? Dunno what the galley guys were doing with that. The salads were good, I threw some leftover curried chicken from lunch into my salad.

Russ

We find we do Hot Pot, once every two weeks now. We used to buy our ingredients from T&T.
Now believe it or not, we buy it from the ex price mart, now save on. The one along grandview under the canadian tire.

Lil Me

Russ, what do you use for stock when you do hot pot?  We have hot pot with sukiyaki sauce a couple of times a year, but I could use some other ideas.

Had Papa John's Pizza at brother in laws house.

Gopher

Chicken and bacon pasta bake
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Fried minute steak, boiled potatoes, bok choy.
Opened a nice bottle of red, cuz I feel like I deserve it.
Been a rough week.  Plumbing leak in the basement, so restoration company, plumbers, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.

Gopher

Liver, carrots and mashed potatoes

Russ

Well, This thread hasn't been added to in one or two days.. LOL

Working off of Congo. Midnight meal was baked chicken wings in tomato sauce, dried out ribs, and undercooked pasta.

Wonder what breakfast will bring?

Gopher

Definitely Basa fish - not sure what I will have with it.

Russ

Dinner was Crock Pot Ribs, corn on the cob, and rice.

Both my kids loved it.

Gopher

Beefsteak and tagliatele

|