So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Think I'll have the same. Thanks for the inspiration, Natasha.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Quote from: Lil Me on Jul 08 14 07:26
Lunch was banana, apple, rice cakes with hummus.Dinner was broccoli salad with canned tuna.

How do you do the broccoli salad with tuna? What do you put in it?

Lunch was meatloaf, salad, and gatoraide
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Three sausages individually wrapped in Staffordshire oatcakes.  http://www.staffordshireoatcakes.com/oatcakes.php

Sportsdude

Coffee and grilled cheese from Tim Horton's. I'm out of food at home so I didn't pack a lunch.

Had mangos, bananas, and eggs for brunch.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Lil Me

Quote from: Russ on Jul 09 14 10:01
How do you do the broccoli salad with tuna? What do you put in it?
Chopped lettuce greens, chopped raw broccoli, chopped tomatoes, sprouts, drained can of tuna, homemade dressing.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Lunch today was yesterday's leftover steak salad from Bob's Burgers and Brew.
Them American portions are way too big.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Had baked beans out of a can for breakfast, followed by cheese sandwiches. I'll make lentils again tonight. I need to eat a salad.

I know what you mean, Lil Me. Six years ago, at the airport in Minneapolis, I had a walleye sandwich before my connecting flight and I was unable to finish. I feel here in Quebec, Tim Hortons, anyway, does not abide by its new portion sizes for coffees and drinks, as the medium is still a medium and a small is a small.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Well, missed lunch as am busy trying to get the old Plymouth running again. Sorted out many issues.. went to check the gas coming from the tank after draining and adding 4 gallons of premium.. Fawk. Full of varnish and rust particles. Flushed almost the full 4 gallons through. No chance. Looking for a new tank. 1966 Plymouth VIP is not an off the shelf recipient Ive been finding. lol.

Dinner was leftovers from the last few days.

Lil Me

Teh sucks Russ!  Good luck in your hunt for a new tank.

Hey- question for you.  Last week I needed to spring for a new set of rotors (badly corroded) and pads.  Anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?  Truck gets parked outside.

Russ

Honestly LM. Not too much. The salt in the roads on the winter is when they get hit pretty hard. The pads, rotors and calipers are pretty much considered a consumable on vehicles. The metals used nowadays in them are of a cheaper quality than they used to be... The cheaper prices than they used to be reflect that. I at times after driving a bit over the winters after they salt will water wash under my truck to remove the salt. That might help

Russ

Can you buy your own parts and take them to your mechanic? I can PM you my account number if you can

Lil Me

Not sure Russ.  I will ask friendly neighbourhood mechanic next time I need work done (hopefully not for a while).

My gawd last week was expensive, though.  That's the cost of deferred maintenance, I guess.  Had been ignoring truck issues for ages due to it not being driven very much, and me having cash flow issues.

Started with an oil change and broken A/C.

+ new condensor
+ new battery (not charging)
+ wheel bearing (rusted out bearing = the noise I was ignoring)
+ rotors and pads (corroded)

At least everything is back in driving condition.  I did a fair bit of driving over the weekend (Oregon border and back) and MrLM will be heading up North in August to the Bowron Lakes area.

Russ

Sorry to hear that LM.

AC maintenance is expensive. Especially since any time you do anything on the system now, as they have to remove your freon... they are legally not allowed to put it back. You have to buy new, in BC anyways.
It cost me over 1300 to do my dodge ram. I would do it myself next time, buy it all out of the states.

Let me know when you need to do something like that again.. Ill give you an account number for Lordco to use. You'll have to let me know, as they are sticky with accounts now, they will call the contact number on the account if you aren't listed.

LOL, I5 all the way down and back? Not this weekend (Im heading to Qualicum with the Camper), but next weekend we are heading down to Seaside for 5 days. NOT taking the camper down there. I have enough issues.

Lil Me

Quote from: Russ on Jul 18 14 04:48

LOL, I5 all the way down and back?

Took I5 to Olympia, then 12 W and 101 South to Long Beach, WA.  Needed to pick up Jeckyl from camp.

In the past, I've driven to Seaside on I5 to Longview, W on 4, S on 409, SW on 30.  We spent a couple of Xmas vacations in Gearhart, WA (between Astoria and Seaside).  Offseason = cheap
There's film memorabilia from The Goonies in Astoria, the Astoria Tower, and a chain of family run Mexican restaurants called El Mariachi Loco which is in every town there.

Gearhart has a great treat store:
http://popsgearhart.com/ (http://popsgearhart.com/)