So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

Russ

Quote from: purelife on Jun 27 14 09:45
How are the folks there with all the deep fried food, Russ? 

egg salad again for lunch.

Slightly larger.

Not that I can be judgemental as Im not exactly the perfect weight either, lol.

Dinner was T-Bone steak, salad, and broccoli. There was the option of 'chicken fried' T-Bone steak.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Jun 27 14 06:44
The wake had an open menu and open bar (!!) paid for by the company that bought the old one. Soooooo, it was a target-rich environment and everyone took full advantage of it. No one from the new (owner) company showed up, not a single one.

I hadn't worked at this place in over 20 years but I did see a bunch of the old timers that I knew. All in all it was pretty good.

Glad you got to see some old friends and co workers, too bad it was under the circumstances.
Kinda poor showing that nobody from the new company showed their face.

Russ

Quote from: kitten on Jun 28 14 10:26
I plan to have salmon in dill sauce and a tossed salad with Greek dressing for lunch.

Did you do the Dill mixed in with Mayo and spread on the salmon? My mother loves it.. wont let me cook salmon any other way when shes around.

Sportsdude

I made pupusas, an El Salvadorian staple for dinner tonight, and I'm rather proud of the feat. Being poor never tasted so good. It took no more than 30 minutes to make. I found the corn flour at the low cost Chinese supermarket by my place today.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Russ, the salmon with dill sauce comes in a package of four or five, with the sauce already on it.  I think it is just a basic white sauce with dill added.  The package just lists ingredients so I have no idea how they do it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

I wanna go to SD's for pupusas.  Yum!
*googles recipe*
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 29 14 12:42
Salmon balls.
I didn't know salmon had....oh never mind...
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

TehBorken

Quote from: Lil Me on Jun 29 14 09:56
I didn't know salmon had....oh never mind...

Well to be fair, they're very small.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

Must take a lot to make a decent meal!

A worker from the dietary section came in at lunch time,  and then someone from the housekeeping section.  Since I didn't need either of them, they talked for a while and as I was silently pleading with them to go, a nurse arrived to check on me.  By then I had lost my appetite, so I finally had something to eat around six o'clock.  The dietary assistant (another one) came at four to make supper, so I told her I could open the can of soup by myself.  She stayed for about 20 minutes before going to her next appointment, and I had the rest of the day free.  At last I was free of interruption and I caught up on my morning paper.  A small nap would have been so much more restful, but I wasn't given the opportunity by all the people telling me I should get more rest.  Ironic, isn't it!  I finally had "lunch" at 5:30 this evening.
I do love all these people that tell me to get more rest, and then deprive me of the chance to do it.

Gopher

Salmon (well, I think it is).

kitten

Are those red berries on the sliced oranges?  If so, what kind are they?

Gopher

Yes, they're lingonberries

kitten

A dietary aide showed up to fix supper at four in the afternoon.  After I showed her how to use the electric can opener,  (challenging her somewhat feeble intellect)  I had to tell her how to empty the can into a saucepan and put it on a small burner to heat.  I also had to tell her how to turn on the electric stove and set the proper heat.  Since there is usually a different one every day, I never know when she will arrive.  There is first the instruction on where to find the soup, and then the demonstration on how to use the very basic electric stove.  I also have to show them where I keep the soup, the pots and pans, and the dishes.  Since there will likely be a different aide each time, this will require a lot of standing.  I think that tomorrow I'll tell them to sit down and have a rest while I do it.  I pay a certain amount to have them come in twice a day, so they can sit and watch while I do it for myself.  Saves time and effort that way.  I certainly hope they are quick learners!

There will be a fair amount of turnover of staff during the summer to make it even more interesting. I hope that won't last for too long before I get a few regulars who know what they are supposed to do and how to do it.  I don't want to  spend the rest of the summer training people who probably won't show up again.

Believe it or not, this letter has taken me hours to complete!  I have to keep lying down and resting between paragraphs.  Such a long period of time for something that isn't a novel!  Being horizontal makes it difficult to type coherently. ;)  A pile of cats demanding attention is also distracting. ("Can't you see we are starving?  We have been waiting for at least two hours since the last meal!)  They do make excellent bed snugglers, though, especially when I am just dozing off and a cat comes flying onto the bed demanding pats and scratches.  Now they are both sleeping, one on the floor and the other on the dresser.  They are waiting for me to lie down so they can jump on the bed and demand my full attention.

I think I'll call it quits for now.  Hope to hear from you soon.  Love to you all.

Kitten

|