So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Don't know what's for lunch but I had smoked mackerel and rice pies (karjalanpiirakka) for breakfast.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Tomorrow, I don't need to make lunch as our office building is throwing its annual tenant party with yummy catered food. 

Russ

Lunch was deep fried chicken fingers, beans with sausages, steamed cabbage with beef brisket.

Dinner was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, some sort of fruity salad with huge amounts of shredded carrot and raisins. I'm on the fence on the salad... The main thing is they didn't try to deep fry it, so that's a big plus.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Estonia Pride it was half a loaf of rye bread stuffed sauerkraut done in egg and a load of sausages. Couldn't finish it all and it was dirt cheap.

Russ

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 26 14 09:23
Estonia Pride it was half a loaf of rye bread stuffed sauerkraut done in egg and a load of sausages. Couldn't finish it all and it was dirt cheap.

That sounds awesome gopher.  I'm going to make a note of that to play around with when I get home.

Lunch. Well there was some deep fried options for a change today.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Natasha

Salmon, fresh garden green beans, cornbread, cucumber slices with lemon juice

Lil Me

I think I ate a Timmy's jalapeno bagel with cream cheese.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Quote from: Lil Me on Jun 26 14 04:05
I think I ate a Timmy's jalapeno bagel with cream cheese.

You think? I sure hope so!

2 PB&J sandwiches for lunch. Walmart bread is empty tasting.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

How are the folks there with all the deep fried food, Russ? 

egg salad again for lunch. 

TehBorken

I'm going to a company wake, I don't know what they'll have to eat there but it should be fun.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

I splurged today. I went and bought a peach smoothie from McDonald's to go along with my PB&J.
I might splurge some more tonight and boil some green beans.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

The wake had an open menu and open bar (!!) paid for by the company that bought the old one. Soooooo, it was a target-rich environment and everyone took full advantage of it. No one from the new (owner) company showed up, not a single one.

I hadn't worked at this place in over 20 years but I did see a bunch of the old timers that I knew. All in all it was pretty good.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Salmon, new potatoes and salad.

kitten

I plan to have salmon in dill sauce and a tossed salad with Greek dressing for lunch.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Sounds good, send it over and I'll have it for breakfast....it stays light here until midnight.

|