So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Dry Cereal. I hope to have something more of substance when I get off this train. I had a falafel near Times Square around 2am.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Franks and beans, made with HN franks and also some hot links for a little extra zip.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lil Me

Pulled pork burrito at the BC Highland Games.  At $8, it was a little steep.  But I was hungry and it was the most sensible food choice in a sea of carnival stands.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Pasta Bake with some chopped bacon in it. Wonder what I'll be eating for my next meal (in Finland).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Cooked peas, black eyed beans and rice. My first cooked meal at the new place. I had sausage for dinner the night before, but the meat was tasteless - as is most meat for me. I don't understand meateaters at times. What's all the fuss? Lol 

Gopher

I think it is something to do with the primal hunting instinct, although for some reason we don't bother with raw flesh nowadays.

Russ

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 22 14 05:40
I think it is something to do with the primal hunting instinct, although for some reason we don't bother with raw flesh nowadays.

I still order my steaks medium rare to blue. If blood runs out of it, its perfect. Although instead of any type of potatos on the side, i have a salad now.

I see its been a few days since i checked here last. Seems like everyone has been passing through.
Where you at in the world now SD? Im now working in the US gulf.

Kitten!!! Im speechless, you are someone i honestly never expected to see on here again!! Hope all is well with you.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Not sure what I'm having later, but I've just had some really delicious salmon soup.

Russ

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 24 14 09:09
Not sure what I'm having later, but I've just had some really delicious salmon soup.

What type of salmon do they have over there? Do you know?

Hamburgers, salad, and onion rings for lunch.

Gopher

North Atlantic salmon caught in one of the Finnish rivers.

purelife

No blood running out of my meat, please! lol

I will always eat meat for as long as I live.  That's something I'm not willing to compromise...mmmm, bacon!  I will compromise on wheat and don't eat much of that any longer so when I do, I immediately notice more bloatedness and upset stomachs.

Lunch was my mish-mash salad again. :)  My colleague asks me if I get bored of the same thing for lunch and I say no because I mix up what I place in it. 

Sportsdude

I just had some rice, tofu and chick peas. I'm still cleaning the kitchen.

Hi Russ! I'm in Montreal. Where in the gulf are you?

Meat is meh. Fish is ok.

Russ

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 24 14 10:43
North Atlantic salmon caught in one of the Finnish rivers.

I must admit. I've never had non farmed Atlantic salmon.  Most of the salmon I buy now is farmed Atlantic salmon. Lol, you can tell when you look at the flesh flakes on the salmon when it's raw and if you see pronounced whiteness between the flakes... It's fat from the pellet food to make them bigger quicker.

The pacific salmon I eat is usually caught by me. Not that I've been fishing in the last few years.

Russ

Quote from: Sportsdude on Jun 24 14 03:17
I just had some rice, tofu and chick peas. I'm still cleaning the kitchen.

Hi Russ! I'm in Montreal. Where in the gulf are you?

Meat is meh. Fish is ok.

I'm about 100 miles offshore Houma, Louisiana. I have never seen so much fried food in my life. I'm not joking, I'm not the healthiest eater at the best of times, but my god. I didn't know you could deep fry a hamburger patty and still eat it in a bun either.

Montreal hey? I actually might be there for a bit in about six months.

I won't eat tofu. There's no meat in it.

Dinner was bacon wrapped steak, crab legs, broccoli, and French fries.

Russ

Quote from: purelife on Jun 24 14 02:42
No blood running out of my meat, please! lol

I will always eat meat for as long as I live.  That's something I'm not willing to compromise...mmmm, bacon!  I will compromise on wheat and don't eat much of that any longer so when I do, I immediately notice more bloatedness and upset stomachs.

Lunch was my mish-mash salad again. :)  My colleague asks me if I get bored of the same thing for lunch and I say no because I mix up what I place in it.

Bacon wrapped anything is good. I tried the bacon mayonnaise. My best advice is don't.

I'm eating more salads than I used to. Like you say, you can dump many different meats into it and make it something new everytime.

|