So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I'd love to get out and try a couple of the food trucks.  Some of the top restaurants out here are putting out food trucks and the standards are high for food offered.  I'm surprised there are not so many in a province renowned for its good food.

It was beautifully warm today here.  I was out in the sunshine a lot, and loving it after the cold rainy weather.  What a treat after all the rain we've had. 

I'm quite tired tonight, so will be going to bed early.  I had a busy day stocking up on items for the freezer, but now it is full of good food to last me a couple of months.  All I need now are fresh veggies.

Good night for now, and I hope to see you back tomorrow. 
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

Coffee and a banana for breakfast.
Had to get out of the house to help a friend haul some old broken couches to the dump.

Before we left the dump, she checked inside the couches and found money, a spoon, a remote control, and a cordless phone!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Great Finds!

A Japanese stir-fry for me, can't remember the name.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

homemade salad with everything you can think of...... cucumbers, coleslaw, chicken, pumpkin seeds, cilantro, radishes, these chinese leafy greens that my mom grows out of her garden, butter lettuce with balsamic fig dressing. 

kitten

Clinic today.  No lunch, but I had a bottle of water and a cranberry apple muffin while I was there.

Lil Me

Brown bag sammy for lunch with an apple.

I haven't eaten dinner yet.  I made stir-fry for Heckyl and Jeckyl, then got distracted and didn't eat.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I just ate a mandarin peach.  I want to get out tomorrow morning and get some fresh fruit to snack on.  Frozen and canned are poor substitutes.  The miniature watermelons look interesting.  I wonder if they are as tasty as the big ones.

purelife

Hi Kitten and Lil Me!
My usual salad for lunch today.  Gonna make the one dish cabbage rolls casserole.  I don't have time to roll these babies up so just end up cooking everything (minus rice) all at once.  So much easier that way. :)

Lil Me

Yum. Cabbage roll casserole sounds awesome.  Will it work in the crock pot?

My niece is staying this week, so took niece, Heckyl and Jeckly to C Lovers for fish and chips tonight.  Seriously good deal: $11.99 per person for all you can eat and a bottomless pop.

kitten

Today I plan on macaroni salad, sliced tomato and cucumber, and a slice of ham for lunch. 
I've been staring into the cupboards trying to figure out what to have for breakfast.  Maybe just pineapple and raspberry yoghurt with some dry cereal stirred in.

purelife

I've never tried the crock pot method but I think you can if you don't mind really mushy cabbage.  In mine, I have ground beef, onions, cabbage, celery, tomatoes and a huge can of stewed tomatoes.  I add italian seasonings and salt/pepper to taste. 
Leftovers for lunch. :)

Gopher

Breaded chicken grills and pasta.

Lil Me

Ribs for dinner.  My mom came over and cooked for us today!  It was awesome.

Gopher

Battered cod and chips.

kitten

Ribs sounded so good I decided to have some for lunch today with macaroni salad.  All I need to add is an appetite, which is still lacking.  Maybe smelling the ribs will stimulate it.

|