So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Made a stir fry with part of the roast beef.  Its an improvement on the roast beef.  Cut into small strips makes the beef a little more tender.  I was going to add rice, but the tiny bits of rice would make it harder to swallow.  The vegetables are perfectly tender crisp.  Topped it off with tea and cream, no sugar.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I had three chocolate chip and pecan cookies as soon as they came out of the oven.  Then I wasn't hungry for lunch.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Two take-out samosas with chickpea curry on top.  Took it to my afternoon class.
$4 and change
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hi Lil Me !!!!!  So nice to see you. =)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Nice to see you too!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I'm so glad to be back>  And to have friends that remember me is the icing on the cake.  I had a salad with roast beef strips in it, with Greek dressing.

Lil Me

Study at home day today.

Early lunch of toast, ham and mustard while fighting with equations.  (not an exciting battle...)

kitten

I'm betting you won the battle with the equations.  I cheer your triumphs!

Sportsdude

Falafel sandwich later followed by a pint at a local pub with a friend.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Sounds like you are really enjoying life in Montreal.  Are there a lot of food trucks in Montreal in the business district the way there are here?

Lil Me

Coffee and a walk in the sunshine.

Hmmm.  Falalfel sounds good.  Maybe will fry some for dinner tomorrow.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Late lunch today.  BBQ chicken and potato salad, courtesy of WalMart.

Lil Me

Coffee and a steamed chicken bun.

Sportsdude

Quote from: kitten on May 30 14 08:27
Sounds like you are really enjoying life in Montreal.  Are there a lot of food trucks in Montreal in the business district the way there are here?

I have enjoyed my life here to an extent. My living situation hasn't been the greatest, but I'm moving to my own place tomorrow, so I'm rather excited about this. Hopefully the insomnia goes away.

Food trucks. Funny you should mention. They are around downtown but only during the summer. I haven't given them a try. Montreal had zero food trucks until three mayors ago this time last year. The anglophone mayor who was arrested for corruption around the time of Rob Ford's crack tape passed a by-law legalizing food trucks.

Nearly every borough seems to close its main commercial street in order to have a street fair during the summer months. St. Laurent and Mont-Royal in the Plateau, Masson in Rosemont, St Hubert around Jean Talon Metro, Eglise in Verdun come to mind; Ontario in the gay village is permanently closed during the summer months) and has a street fair every weekend from now until Labour Day.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|