So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Other than that.. heading back to africa. Yep, left the last company to get out of africa.. went to Italy and now Im going back to Africa. <sigh>
At least its only supposed to be a 6 month contract for the ship down there.

I almost forgot about the volcanic ash affecting your work travels.  6 months will definitely fly!  I can't believe that my LO turned 6 months yesterday.  It felt like yesterday that I just popped him out.  :P

Orik

thanks for clearing up those abbreviations Purelife..

and yes Mr. noodles are bad for you. I make them with out the sodium packets throw those in the dust bin... trash garbage whatever.

Dry noodles are a filler for when I do not have real stir-fry or chow-mien noodles.  Mr. noodles they do in a pinch they will never be as good as the fresh ones from double happiness besides that Mr. noodles are only 25 cents and if you realize you have no noddles left you can grab them from almost any corner store

the fresh ones are 1.50 if I buy them from double happiness and If I forget to buy some or have need to buy more, I would have to go out for 30 minutes to go pick up the noodles from double happiness 45 minutes if I have to go to the bank first.

I use frozen precooked chicken breast because 3 minutes of boiling it  with the noodles and the 2 minutes in the frying pan may not be enough  to cook it through. (I always have some precooked meats in the freezer  to add to a dish as fillers)

today's lunch
1/2 cup snow peas
1 small onion or half a medium one
15 mls of diced garlic made fresh
1 egg scrambled
100 grams of chicken breast meat diced precooked

1 packet Mr. Noodles or chow mien noodles boil with the frozen chicken till soft. Pour in a sieve  & rinse under cold water to remove excess starch.

add to the frying pan your finely diced onion and what ever veggie you like (I really like to use snow pea's for this dish) fry the onions garlic and chicken until the onions start to caramelize and the snow peas are soft.  

Add your scrambled egg cook till the egg is nice and fluffy

add your noodles toss and fry for one to 2 minutes more adding a shot of soy sauce and a shot of hot sauce. fry for another minute or two and serve

serves 1. to serve 2. just double the quantity's.  

time for a nap.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

Had White Spot..............large milk shake too .. yummy
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Lil Me

Chicken tamale, salad, chili out of a can.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

Supper is a large garden salad with extra radish and 1 tb spoon ranch dressing

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

Beer and leftovers

Sportsdude

PL: ftw - for the win

No idea on what to eat for lunch. I just had breakfast.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
PL: ftw - for the win

No idea on what to eat for lunch. I just had breakfast.

Me too SD. FTW has always been to me Fawk The World. Never heard it called anything else, interesting.
What does WTF mean to you?

I know dinner for tongiht will be duck. Found the bin at stupidstore yesterday by accident and decided to buy it. Now I have to figure out what Im going to season it with. Thawed it out yesterday.

Dinner yesterday was AYCE sushi. We were planning to do hotpot when friends of my parents showed up (thank god they are going back to the island soon from this visit), and somehow it was up to us to have dinner for all.
Does anybody else have that Top Gun Restaurants card? Costs you like 30 bucks to join and 25 bucks a year.. gives you 10% off any restaurants or businesses under the Top Gun umbrella. Starfishie bought it last year, and so far it has paid for itself and more. One time with 6-8 people eating AYCE pays for the card, anything after that within a year pays for itself.
http://www.topgungroup.com/TGS.html

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Natasha

Hot ham and cheese sandwich

Apple slices

7up

Orik

Smoked Salmon onions garlic mayo dinner roll salad... put together for a wicked sandwich and a awesome salad... feeling so very very full. eyeballing that Chinese pear for dessert...

Sportsdude

Russ- i see wtf the same way the prevailing cultural winds do. haha i made that sentence as high brow as possible (on accident)

so we're having a disagreement on 'ftw' too the dictionary known as urban
[a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ftw"]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ftw[/a]

Your term apparently originates from biker gang speak. However my term looks to be having the upper hand.

Curry for lunch.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

and no mention on the front page of urban about free the weed

DDD

ftw means FIGHT TO WIN..or F*** thousnds women but I go with the 1st one

DDD

o yea soup again today

Lil Me

Spag, turkey meat sauce and mixed veg for dinner.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|