So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Pizza Pop ?  They're sure making weird flavoured soft drinks these days.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Cooking now. Eggplant, mushrooms and rice stir fry again

I've now had shortness of breath with constant yawning that leads to a hurl cough for 2wks now. Doctor < School.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Eggplant/zucchini stir fry with rice.

Women teachers on average make 13% less than their male counterparts in BC and they make up 60% of the workforce.
Second highest inequality rate after Quebec with 17%.  

Little Fish

Sportsdude, Whooping Cough aka Pertussis, is highly contagious in areas of British Columbia.  Not many DR's still test for it, because they are assuming most adults are immunized against it, this is not often the case, sometimes that immunization wears off. Also ask to be tested for Bordetella para-pertussis while you are at it. It is better to be sure you do not have it and find it is just some cold than find out later you were exposed to something more serious. best to see if you were exposed to it or if you have it.... If you do have it, cause it is highly contagious those you have been exposed to will also need to be tested.

Symptoms to be aware of... Courtesy of Wiki

After an incubation period that is typically seven to ten days,  pertussis in infants or young children is characterized initially by  mild respiratory infection symptoms such as mild coughing, sneezing, or  runny nose (catarrhal stage). After one to two weeks, the coughing  develops into uncontrollable fits, each with five to ten forceful  coughs, followed by a high-pitched "whoop" sound as the patient  struggles to breathe in afterwards (paroxysmal stage). Coughing fits are  sometimes followed by vomiting, which can lead to malnutrition. Fits  can occur on their own or can be triggered by yawning, stretching,  laughing, eating or yelling; they usually occur in groups, with multiple  episodes every hour around the clock. This stage lasts two to eight  weeks, or sometimes longer. A gradual transition then occurs to the  convalescent stage, which usually lasts one to two weeks. Common  complications of the disease include pneumonia, encephalopathy, earache,  or seizures. Infection in newborns is particularly severe.

purelife

costco samples for lunch
chicken salad for dinner  

Sportsdude

No dinner. Not Hungry.

DDD

purelife wrote:
costco samples for lunch
chicken salad for dinner  
     Costco can be great for all those samplers.....today subway
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

For lunch: Half a sub and an apple

For dinner: Nothing, I have an upset stomach.

purelife

Lunch - chicken almond salad
Dinner - steak, onions and caesar salad
Dessert - vanilla ice cream with sliced peaches and toasted almond slivers - YUMMM!!!

Natasha

Lunch-- chicken tacos

Dinner-- undecided

Gopher

Sasuages, Carrots & Mashed Potatoes
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Little Fish

Lunch one Orange a glass of five alive Tropicana a vitamin C tablet. and currently waiting the meatballs to finish heating up ( I cheated I bought frozen Deli ones from Stongs)  they will be served with diced tomato's & onions, I am just not sure if I want to use chickpeas, black beans or kidney beans. I think I even have some Garbanzo beans hidden in the back, (my least favorite beans)

honestly i am just not that hungry and think the meatballs with the tomatoes is gonna be more than plenty with no need for the beans... I just need some fiber to go with the protein, Wish I had some bread then I could just have a slice of toast.

*Natasha

turkey burger
7up

Gopher

Steak pie and an orange
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Lunch was Ham sandwiches.

Dinner will be rotisserie Lamb shoulder.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|