So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Hi everyone!

Dinner was steak, mashed yellow turnips and some mushrooms.  I've been marinating all my meats (pork, beef, chicken) these days in those large freezer bags and the meat tastes great the next day.  I dunno why I haven't been doing this.

Lil Me

Yum purelife!    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Russ wrote:
So how was everyones long weekened? What did you all get up to?

I was on the island busy busy with teh fence at my parents. Got alot done.. then Starfishie showed up, we loaded up my parents camper van, and headed to a bunch of backroads and lakes behind Woss.. towards Port Hardy.

Weekend was good - lots of outdoor activities with kidlets.

There are some neat places back there.  I did a stint on northern van isle drove most of the roads.  Very cool caves and holes etc ...

First part of the week was good - lined up work till new years and maybe well beyond!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

Weekend was good.  Went to the PNE, bike riding, aquarium, also went to work for a while (BLEH!) to dig my desk out from under the workload for a while.  Undergoing a major growth spurt for a small company and a US partnership- so I spend most of every day putting out fires, and don't get to the accounting that I was originally hired to do...

It's another Wine in a Box Wednesday.

I didn't do much this weekend.  Still pondering how to start my room addition...and I'm pretty sure I'm stalling, because I don't really know how to get started.  I better figure it out quick before bad weather sets in.

Lil Me....Sawdust worked most of the long weekend too.  Poor you guys.

I'm liking the sound of 'Winebox Wednesday', better than Hump Day.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

The usual for dinner.

Eggplant/red onion/mushroom with swiss lorraine tomatoes and hummus sandwich. Soy milk, and a greek salad. Along with brown rice and red peppers.

I went overboard from the usual, ate too much.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

What a yummy dinner, SD!!  Did you prepare it?

I had dinner over at my mom's today.  bbq duck, fish, veggies, bitter melon, rice....  My mom made a shake with avocado and milk.  It was de-lish!!  

Sportsdude

Oh of course!
I'm getting really ridiculously good at these sandwiches. I keep adding more and more to it.
tomato, hummus, dijon mustard, red onions (sautéed), mushrooms (sautéed), eggplant (sautéed), melt the cheese, heck add a pickle. Strawberries etc.

I fell in love with PC thins bread. You can get them at superstore really cheap and probably costco as well.

I'm big on Greek food if you hadn't noticed. lol

I plan to tackle Moussaka in the coming weeks.

It's easy and simple or else I wouldn't do it. lol

Lil Me

*waves*

Hi Everyone!

TGIF

Took Heckyl for sushi this evening.

Not much planned that's very interesting- dentist, work, family dinner, Terry Fox Run.

Here's hoping I can jam 2 bikes in the back of my rice rocket.  MrLM is away this weekend in the truck.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Heckyl and I had lunch at the Sha Lin Noodle House.

We ordered Eight Treasures Tea, as Heckyl was hoping they would pour it from great heights using the crazy long spout.  No dice.  It arrived in covered cups.

Tasty tea.  Heckyl thought it was a bit bitter.    

purelife

mmmmm...noodles and tea, yumm, Lil Me!  

Staying home today, did a bit of cleaning but just relaxing.   For lunch, I had 2 fried eggs on a slice of bread with a tomato and milk/avocado smoothie.  

Sportsdude

Finlandia and orange juice for 'dinner'.
Travelled up to Cyprus to look out at the city earlier.

I feel like quitting school. The summer was so ridiculously shitty I don't know where to go from here.

Russ

Quiting isnt worth it. It might feel like it, but dont be too sure thats the answer.. it will start a chain reaction you wont recover from too easily.

Well, dont know what lunch will be but Ive got a new project (other than the damn toy thats now sitting at precarious angles in my backyard).. Im going to build a UDS! he he. Im trying to find parts for it now.. only thought about it for the last few weeks and suddenly decided to get er done for this next weekend.
The drum Im going to use is from a project I started getting stuff together for then got sidetracked. The other project was for the one that Van Guy and myself were pondering.. the solar water heater. I didnt continue cause I wanted a clean drum not a painty drum like what VG had found.. then I got a few metal drums for free and then thought it would be a bad idea to have water constantly in a clean metal drum.. lol.

So its now headed for a UDS

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

It's not so much quitting, but the reality that 3wks in the summer have altered my life forever and ruined everything I aspired to.
I'm not even technically half way done with university, and advisors are looking at me with the "it's over for you" talk.

It's ridiculous.

Sportsdude

Gopher

Chicken Tikka Masala
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|