So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JJ

My company pays both my MSP for $105. and my extended health which is over $250. as we don't have deductables.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]aka just like in the states. [/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]'health benefits' [/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I've had the best coverage in my life from the university. [/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]majority of bankruptcies in the us are due to medical reasons. [/span]

Kinda sucks in a way.  You have better coverage than I do, I'm a Canadian plus I've been paying into it all my life.  Doesn't seem right somehow.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I know how you feel P.C., I'm consciously aware of it, especially with my hospital visits.  Everyone I know applies for assistance with their premiums, I don't.

I owe a giant iou cheque to the people of bc, the place has invested a lot into me.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

It'll cost us for a family of 3, $108/month and MSP likes to bill us quarterly.  Canadians only qualify for premium assistance of 100% medical paid if they made less than $20,000.  I think those who are on social assistance get their medical paid for as well.  And low income individuals/families qualify for BC Pharmacare for free prescriptions.

I have already used up 1000's of $ already in medical costs.

P.C.

Nothing personal, you understand.  It's just kinda ....wrong...ish.  

P.C.

I've used the medical system less times than my age.  

49er

P.C. wrote:
      That's a good thing, right?

P.C.

Not sure 49er.  

Just mean that I'm confident that I haven't taken more than I've given. Yet.

Lil Me

Hai everyone.  What a great day it was!

Went to the car show here in the 'hood.

Went to work for a couple hours (BLEH!)- but must be done.  

Went for bike ride.  MrLM fixed up my old bikes that had been parked for 20 years.  Old skool mtn bikes with no shocks.  LOL.  Thought about jumping a log, but chickened out and went around.

Rode out for pho and ice cream tonight, so it was a good time.

Cooking a beer can chicken on the BBQ for tomorrow's dinner.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

old skool like it yo.

chicken stir fry for dinner, watched tiger woods lose, finally ended the writers block (more like writers avoidance) that's plagued the past week. Just got back from seeing Funny People at the cinema.

tomorrow is the first day of school, and its the first time my mother is going and not one of her kids. (both through k-12) so that'll be weird.

Sandwich wars are tomorrow for dinner. I'm pretty pumped, I know I'll win.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Hai everyone.  What a great day it was![/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Went to the car show here in the 'hood.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Went to work for a couple hours (BLEH!)- but must be done.  [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Went for bike ride.  MrLM fixed up my old bikes that had been parked for 20 years.  Old skool mtn bikes with no shocks.  LOL.  Thought about jumping a log, but chickened out and went around.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Rode out for pho and ice cream tonight, so it was a good time.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] Cooking a beer can chicken on the BBQ for tomorrow's dinner.

Good morning Everyone!
Well, did the resume thing with friends yesterday. Then ended up going out and hitting the town. Wow, havent done that in years. Buddy also has an apartment in Coal Harbour with amazing views.
As with all good nights we ended up buying junkfood and hotdogs at 330am at the 7-11.

What car show did you end up going to LM? I was at the one in ladner.. as I had a couple of friends there with their cars in it.

How are you doing your bbq beer can chicken? Any seasoning tricks?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

LM@work

Good times, Russ!

This one was a Simon and Garfunkel chicken (parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme) with salt and oil.  Plus the beer.

Eating it tonight.

purelife

Hey everyone!

Sounds like a great bike ride, Lil Me, especially riding to get some pho and ice cream. :)

I'm looking forward to this weekend because we're having a bbq with family celebrating 3 August birthdays.  

Sportsdude

speaking of birthdays pl... :))))  

Russ

P.C. wrote:

You've used the medical system less than 21 times? Wow! you must be pretty healthy!

Well, today is cleanup day.. im not sure where though. Im also wondering if I should make a pot of chili.

LOL, I got a call from a buddy I havent heard from in a while from the Kits area.. apparently his girlfriend came home from one of the bars there talking about how these guys were there telling funny stories of their escapades and buying people shots. Then she heard a story about one party that had a guy witht he same name as her boyfriends.. LOL

Other than that.. things are going pretty good.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|