So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Hey guys!

I need to hit the pool, as I'm afraid I'm gaining weight from not cooking at all for about 2wks now.

One more week of summer school and then I'm done. I must start packing.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Swimming is awesome! It's the changing the kids, putting their clothes back on afterwardds that I detest.

Yah, y'know what... next time we girls get together, I'll make sure we will hang around for more than an hour.  I mean, c'mon... it's not that often I get the night off from hubby and kids. I wanna make the most of it. Board games sounds like a great idea.

Just painted my nails. It feels gooood.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Some how a night off and playing board games just doesnt seem right somehow.. but I say that now.

Well, ended up changing the timing belt and water pump on Starfishies brother's car. What a pain. At least its done though. He seemed to hint at his friends needing it as well. I kinda was firm and descriptive on my no.

Dinner was at a local restaurant.. it was the worst dinner weve ever had there. The pasta's that Starfishie and my brothers gf had were the shits. I tasted hers and wouldnt eat it even if I was hungry. I had the meatlovers pizza of course.

Tomorrow, Im going to play around with making my own solar heater for the pool.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Really ?  Did you say anything ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
Really ?  Did you say anything ?  

I was very polite. I told them I wouldnt eat it but Im sure my dog would.
No discount or offer for anything else for the girls. Not impressed. My pizza wasnt the best either.

P.C.

And they wonder why restaurants have a hard time achieving success.  It's cheaper in the long run to comp an unsatisfied customer.  Chances are people are more likely to give them a second chance as opposed to crossing them off their list, plus the negative 'advertising' they will get from an unhappy customer.  As for not offering anything else, that's just poor waitressing skill.

Russ

LOL, my neighbors kids have set up a lemonade stand. I had a glass and had no change so they made out like bandits from me.. 5 for a glass.
I also ended up giving them a cooler full of cooler packs and ice to keep their lemonade cold.. and also gave them some more lemonade. lol. Ah, memories of when we did that.

Well, I went out to get some chemicals for my pool.. and most places are sold out as they are already clearance items! I might end up buying the saltwater kit from wally world as they say thats the best thing now.. cheaper and easier in the long run than using chlorine and stuff.

Man.. is it hot these days. At least the pool is freezing cold!

Russ

Hey... wheres michel? Is he around?  

purelife

Russ wrote:
Well, I went out to get some chemicals for my pool.. and most places are sold out as they are already clearance items! I might end up buying the saltwater kit from wally world as they say thats the best thing now.. cheaper and easier in the long run than using chlorine and stuff.

Our neighbor's pool is saltwater as well.  They say that it's cheaper and easier to maintain and way better than chlorine.  And the smell isn't as strong as chlorine.  I'm loving it. :)  I hope you get your hands on them before they're all sold out.

I haven't seen Michel around these days.    I miss him.

Sportsdude

Lil Me

Evening everyone.  I'm home drinking dinner.  Bottle of white zin made by my Father-in-law.  I'm trying not to think about the fact that he doesn't wash the bottles, and that he has hygiene issues.

Crazy afternoon.  The boss is sick.  The sales team is having a pissing match with a supplier over a $1,000 invoice and there was a lot of yelling and name calling in the office this afternoon.  Not the easiest working environment. lol.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

[div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"]
[/div]                                                                                                                     
I'm having the same dinner.  Well...except that your Father-in-law didn't make it.
....and it's not wine.
....and my glass is clean.  

I would have to leave if a verbal battle raged around me.  Hand one of them a note saying....call me when you're done.

Lil Me

LOL.  I was trying to take care of the rest of operations while the battle was being fought.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Evening....

Old age is setting in as I can no longer do the eat nachos and then 35mins later hit the treadmill for 15mins at a super high incline and resistance and sustain the same high speed. Heart burn and chest pains. tums tums tums.
185 heart rate apparently

Lil Me, sounds like when the boss doesn't show up it turns into a shit show.  I'm thinking that doesn't bode well for the group

Lise @ Work

Bored at work.... oh hum.... summer time... so hard to be working when it's so nice out there.

Is anyone having trouble cooking these days? It's so hot that I'm getting lazier and lazier with cooking. Just hate standing in front of the hot stove.

Russ: miss you buddy. Can we come over and use your heated pool one day?

|