So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I've noticed last night walking around lots of pda during the first few hours of my birthday. So presumably this obviously means I am a love god of some sort.

'cuse me Mandela,  John Glenn, Steve Forbes, Richard Branson, Nick Faldo, Dick Button, and Ricky Skaggs want to do their usual happy birthday conference call. They've all been kind of downers since Thompson killed himself. We've been lacking a comedian since Skelton died and we lost Henri Salvador last year so now Ricky lost his jam partner. We don't like including Vin Diesel and Jack Layton as they always talk about themselves.  The past few years I've been trying to push for Kristen Bell, M.I.A.,  and Mélissa Theuriau to be welcomed into the call, but Branson and Faldo are notorious womanizers so its best they stay away for now.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

What the hell are you talking about anyhow.  

Sportsdude

obviously i can't be cute here.
all those people have july 18 as their birthday....

pda= public display of affection

P.C.

Talking in riddles is almost never cute.  I know YOU know what you're talking about, but you communicate in a way that could just as well be a foreign language to me.
So who is making public displays of affection ?  You ?  

I still don't get it.

purelife

I don't get what he's is saying either, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY SD!!!!

Sportsdude

everyone today from about 12am on I've seen has been a) making out or b) some serious groping.

You'd think it was a friday usual, but it seemed more excessive than usual. I don't remember seeing so many people making out on Granville and other streets. lol

lol clearly you all must be Germans.  haha

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeEyu5YSEgw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeEyu5YSEgw[/a]

Although ironically, I tend to have a german sense of humour, of which is extremely frustrating for german classes. Only myself and the prof are rolling on the floor while the rest of the room is crickets. lol

thanks for the wishes :))) , its been great fun. I went golfing and I probably should of dropped football in high school for the golf. lol

Sportsdude

hmm should I sign up for sea kayaking or golf next year in terms of ubc clubs?

purelife

Pick the one you like most, SD.  I've never golfed so I wouldn't know which one to suggest.  Glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday.

Sportsdude

lol that's like trying to decide between real sweet tea and beer. lol

one is 'hours alone in the ocean where sd gets to contemplate' the other 'hours alone where sd brings out his uber perfectionist side' lol

hmmm

well i got until september but i think sailing is cheaper

Lise

Sailing and cheap in Vancouver don't go hand in hand. I hear it's pretty expensive but meh, maybe you can find a better deal.

Had fun at girls' night out but it was so short. I thought we would have stayed longer. Bummer. Next time, we're crashing at my friend's pad. Maybe bring some booze. Anything to make it last longer.

Gak. One more night before starting work again. My only console is that we don't get to see our supervisor for three weeks. Woot!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Hey Lise.  

The chicken turned out super purelife.  It was really delicious...but as for being a dead ringer for KFC....I don't see it myself.  But it WAS really good.  I'd definitely do it again.

oops.....wrong thread.

purelife

Hai-ho everyone!

How about playing some board games or watch some movies at the next girl's night out?  Cranium, Scattergory, Pictionary etc are really fun.  I remember having so much fun with the gals where we cooked, watched some movies and played games.  I miss those days.

Did you deep fry the chicken, P.C. or just pan-fried?  I bet it tasted wonderful.  I wish I was there to be the sampler. :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.  Going for a swim soon to cool off, well, more like wadling and aquacising. :)

P.C.

Hey purelife !  A swim sounds great.

I browned it bit in olive oil in a pan, then transferred it all to a baking sheet and baked it in the oven.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  It's been a weekend of in-laws sleeping in the living room (lucky us!), Jeckyl's BDay, and used truck shopping.  MrLM has narrowed it down to a Nissan Titan.        
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|