So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

How nice is that !  I think it's so beautiful.  How long does it last ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I didn't get to do henna at my wedding day. I should have done it but I just didn't have the time. Henna should last a week or two depending on the quality.

Gosh, I love my flex day off. It's not as sunny as I expected but at least it isn't wet.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Heyo

Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash Squash

I more or less did nothing except walk around with a friend downtown all day.

PL-WOOOOOOT!!! :)))))))))))

sleeeep but first must clean.

Where art thou Michel?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise @ Work

Ja, where the hell is Michel? I MISS YOU!!!  

purelife

baked salmon with mashed butternut squash and turnip for dinner.

I've been craving the kind of salmon made with mayo and dill.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  We're going to a family bbq and everyone is looking forward to seeing me.  I'm not used to this kind of attention.

Lise

Ah, don't worry about it, purelife. I think you look cute enough. Enjoy the attention while you can cuz when baby arrives, everything's going to be about the wee little bub.

Can't wait to go swimming tomorrow with the kids and friends. Should be a blast!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Everyone is going swimming it seems. I think I'm going to hit the pool tomorrow. I'll be amongst the book stacks as usual, such is my life.

I went my first CFL game. I had fun, I'm trying so hard not to think about school and beyond school, but I can't. lol

Hamilton won, a couple Hamilton fans were in my section and they had the look on their face of Christmas morning. (they won their first game in 2yrs or something, I think, I can't remember if they won a game last year or not).

Walked around BC Place, got concerned, the seat I was in has been broken for 7yrs at least. (my buddy has had season tickets for that long in the same section)

And Canadian sports venue food (from what I've come across) really sucks. Where's the imagination? I had popcorn and a diet pepsi, at a football game.

Overall, minus the really bad food that I've come to expect now, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sportsdude

I had the usual nachos with a beer which is my lame college food staple. I don't even have the urge to eat nachos, its just that for the value and quantity, a half sized nacho and a beer costs the same or is cheaper than a burger and beer.

I'm bummed, my sista from the east east side just left me, she flew back to Iran and she graduated. I don't know what to do with myself. :(  I know she'll be back, her bf/fiancée is at MIT (phd incredible) in Boston and she loves America so, I'm thinking road trip through the states sometime or Christmas at my house. lol

Suicide rates are highest among university aged people and they always commit suicide in the summer. Totally debunking the SFU myth of the mountain in the rain. (UBC actually has more suicides on average than SFU, yet SFU gets the stereotype).

Oh my my birthday is rapidly approaching. I need ideas

Lise

Are you staying here or going back to the states on your b'day?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Staying here. I've got finals to do. I leave on the 25. Then leave on the 26th and arrive on the 28th in Florida (driving). lol

I'll be in the midwest most of august and then around the 25th I'll probably start heading back here via driving. A friend lives in Winnipeg and then goof ball lives in Saskatoon. I needed someone to banter with on the way to Vancouver so she fits the bill. Besides she'll be bored anyway.

Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Drumheller, Calgary, Banff, Glacier National Park, Revelstoke, some wine in kamloops, and then take the entire stretch of sea to sky from Lilooet down to Vancouver and see Pemberton and Whistler.

that's my 'summer' in a nutshell. I am the wheelman as usual.

Trying to avoid the major highways in Canada to get a feel or real Canada or where life passed them by when they built that one highway. lol (although I'm actually skipping that part). No chain hotels or motels, and no chain eating places.

The route I have going through Saskatchewan is mainly rural secondary highways that are really just roads. I love that.

Lise

Well, for your b'day, I recommend you do a hike. Go up a mountain or something. Elfin Lake is awesome if you don't mind the 3 hours hike there. Or something a little easier but the view is fantastic - Dog Mountain, Seymour Provincial Park.

Which reminds me.... I really need to get my ass into hiking mode again.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Hmm a hike. So far I've got pitch and putt planned. I've been wanting to go for weeks, but everyone has been too busy. I haven't done much this summer.

Lise

Pitch and putt where?

Ye gods.... I'm actually dreading to go to work in the summer months. So bloody dead and there's nothing to do. I want to do a project but my supervisor won't let me. Apparently she's got me doing other stupid stuff that doesn't even make sense. I am honestly bored out of my mind. I HATE not using my brain.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Mostly likely at QEP.

I just spent 12hrs sitting in a chair typing a paper, I need to learn to do papers more efficiently in terms of time.

Lise

What's QEP?

Is it me or does it seem like there's just the two of us sitting here in the forum? Where's everyone? It's soooo dead in here......

I'm so glad I'm past all that deadline essays/paper work crap from university. So stressful. I can't remember anything I wrote back then... can't believe I passed as well.
Bill Cosby.

|