So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

49er

same here....have this cold for a week now and cannot get rid of the cough.  Everytime my head hits the pillow I start to cough

Lise

Wowser..... talk about a nasty bug. You lot stay away from me. The last thing I need is a flu or cold and I get plenty of it when the kids start school.

Had a really fun time at the Thai restaurant. For once, I wasn't in charge of feeding the wee parasites and getting cranky when they don't eat. Trying to talk my friend into settling down, he changes girlfriends like he changes underwear. It's like everytime I see him, he has a different girl on his hand. I'm banking on his wedding to happen sometime this year or next.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  No kids this week *yeehaw*.  Heckyl and Jeckyl are with the grandparents.

MrLM and I are adjusting to life on our own.

Watched Gran Torino last night.

Went for lunch and shopping in Surrey today.  Getting ready to attend Indian wedding next weekend.

I got a fabulous blue sequinned sari.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Awesome Lil Me.  Totally exciting to wear something so different and new.  Is it customary to wear their dress ?  I would have never known this.  Would LOVE to see it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

The Indian clothing is optional. but I've wanted a sari for years....was just waiting for an opportunity to wear one!

Several people (including the nice lady in my hair shop!) had offered to lend me saris, but I chose to buy one.  I got a cheap one, anyways.  It included the blouse and the long piece of sequinned material.  The petticoat was an extra $3.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]The Indian clothing is optional. but I've wanted a sari for years....was just waiting for an opportunity to wear one![/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Several people (including the nice lady in my hair shop!) had offered to lend me saris, but I chose to buy one.  I got a cheap one, anyways.  It included the blouse and the long piece of sequinned material.  The petticoat was an extra $3.[/div]  Clothing optional ?!?!?

It looks very nice - I will post a shot from the wedding on DS.

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]ws[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]dro[/td][td]y[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="d2d084b83796b9b61f84dfdab2c2622e" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"] [input name="preview" value="Preview" onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" type="submit"][img]Themes/default/images/blank.gif" alt="" id="fetchSessionTemp"]

good night all

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

purelife

I can't wait to see pictures of Lil Me's sari.  What do the men wear?

Lise @ Work

My mother-in-law has been trying to get me to wear a sari or punjabi dress for years. Haven't done it. Don't know why....

Just had my first belly dancing class. What a great work out! Definitely recommended if you gals wanna get great abs.  

Sportsdude

belly dancing cool.
a friend of mine wants me to do yoga says its 'totally worth it' whatever that means.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I love it because it's a good workout. Like my tummy and shoulders hurt right now. Plus it's incredibly feminine and sexy. Definitely a good reason to try it out.

Another blah day. Cold too. I'm not ready for this yet. Bring back the heat.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah my body thinks its fall already. So I went to the store and bought squash.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I love this coolness and the fresh air.  Not complaining here. :)
Can you guys believe it?  I just headed into my 6th month!!!!      

Lil Me

Yay purelife!

SD- I've had a crazy craving for squash soup ever since you mentionned squash.

Pizza, salad and wine.  Had a brutal day at work, followed by an amazing pedicure and some Me n Ed's.  I went to Me n Ed's

wearing the complimentary cheapo flip flops from the salon.  *sighs*  Felt like an escaped mental patient wearing hospital shoes :)

Tmorrow night is henna with the groom's family in preparation for the Indian wedding this weekend.  

P.C.

Yay for sure purelife.  Holy !

Does just the bride get the henna ?  Or do you get to do that too.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

It's for everyone, apparently.  I'm going to the groom's house to have henna with his female relatives.

|