So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Have fun in the US, Lise.

P.C.- How was Canada Day in the yard?  Was there bocce?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Thanks Lil Me.  Oh hey, since you've seen our place, how long do you think we can live here with a baby?  We can't turn MrPL's room into a semi-kid room because it's the coldest room and we can't put a heater on carpet and he has a TON of stuff in there.

So baby is going to be in our room for up to a year but then we'll have to move out, right?  I'm just worried about our finances come that time because it might be difficult to pay a few hundred dollars more for rent.   I guess the one year old could sleep on the futon in MrPL's room?  It just won't look like a room.  What do you think?

Lil Me

I think you could live there as long as you wanted to.

Our kids slept in the same room with us for a long time.

Jeckyl never slept in the crib much.  He wanted to be a big kid, so he slept on a mattress on the floor as a toddler- next to my bed.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

That's a good idea, Lil Me.  I think our room is big enough for a toddler mattress.  I guess I was panicking about space and had this thing in my mind that we have to move when baby is over a year old because he/she needs own room and such.  I feel better now that I have one less thing to worry about next year.    

Lil Me

*pats on head*

Don't worry, purelife.

Your baby doesn't read Martha Stewart Living :)

Btw, I didn't use a change table either.  Didn't have space for one.

I had a basket under my bed which had diapers, wipes and used grocery bags in it.

I'd throw a towel on my bed, change the baby, put the towel in the laundry, bag the diaper and put it in the kitchen garbage.

purelife

No change table for us too.  We're just going to get one of those change pads and change baby on the kitchen table.   I think I'm feeling a bit claustophobic these day and someone close told us that they don't visit us too much because our ceilings are so low and they're afraid of bumping their heads on the ceilings. :(  

Sportsdude

You never know, Martha Stewart can strike at any age. lol

PL you've sound like you've got everything in order.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Meh, the kids are still sleeping with us though I very much wish they would sleep in their own room. It's hard to sleep with them tossing and turning. However, I love the feeling of snuggling together tho.

I never bought a change table. Had no room and didn't see the point in having an extra table for the purpose of changing your kid's diapers. No need for a diaper genie either. Or a rocking chair. Those things are 'nice to have' but not necessary. You should get those changing mats at Superstore, purelife. Works like a charm when baby does a mistake as you're changing on the floor or on the bed.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Baked butternut squash and parsnips with pork chops for dinner with a papaya for dessert.

So, skytrain was packed again and I kindly asked the girl for her seat.  She had an attitude about it and didn't like that she had to give it up for me.  I almost felt bad for asking because I have never asked for a seat in transit before.  I sure hope that people are more friendly.  

Came back from a swim and am cooled off. :)

Sportsdude

No young person is nice on transit.
I've talked a lot to older people on buses, they usually find my grocery carrying skills amusing, and I am a people person who always has a smile and is really approachable. lol I'm guessing I'm approachable because whenever I'm walking around people ask me for directions.

I'm guilty of zoning out to the ipod as the rest of them, but come on, we're all mindless robots at this point.

The best was me shouting 'can you help me' (trying to put my bike on the front of the bus) and asking if anyone knew how to do it. 10 people around me and nobody looked or gave a weird look like 'omg he's talking to me.'

So I totally understand pl.

Lise

Let me TELL you a funny story about transit. See, I had these incredible high heel shoes on and was running for the bus when smacked, I fell down right in front of the doors. A lady and a gent helped me out and I was red as a tomato. NEVER again will I run for a bus in heels. Not worth it. I still wear heels but I tend to walk a heck lot slower.

I always, always give up my seat for a pregnant woman, older woman/man or a woman with kids. I don't even think about it. Just do it because I can and because it's the right thing to do.

I've even helped this incredibly gorgeous guy when he dropped his sunglasses as he was unloading his bike. Just so I could stare into his eyes. Hmmmm.

Yes, I'm a samaritan to the end. *grins*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Lise....that was beyond commendable to help that young man with his sunglasses.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Yes, Lady PC. I know and I might also add, his very blue eyes were very, very nice. *sigh*

It's going to be a fine day today. Not sure what we'll do in the day time but we have a party tonight to go with. Minus the kids since they aren't interested in Thai food. It'll be great to get away from the kids and have a nice relaxing ADULT conversation for a change.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Have fun Lise, I'm bed ridden with a summer cold.  crazy

Michel

|