So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Hi FC........what the hey are Nutter Butters.   How goes it.  

I've been caught up in all this footage about the Pentagon /911.  Don't really have any conclusions, but it's sure interesting.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

You don't have Nutter Butters in Canada? Oh you poor dear. They're actually mostly for kids. They are kind of like Oreos but with peanut  butter.[/DIV]I'm getting all kinds of caught up on this Pentagon thing too. Too many unanswered questions. And going researching just makes more. Somethin's fishy innit?
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

We just had friends over for dinner this eve.....the 'boys' watched some car racing (??)  that they taped earlier today, and us gals uploaded her 'new' camera FULL of photos.  Anyway, I digress.  

This couple is so 'up on things' not stuck in some bygone decade, and YET, they do not have a computer, (never have).  I'm not passing judgement on this of course, but my point is....they just got a digital camera for Christmas, and still take their card to 'SuperStore' or wherever to have their photos printed. So she mentioned she was anxious to see some of the photos on her camera (including photos of their wedding in Mexico in January)  

I took her camera, and pulled up all the pics, zoomed in a few, printed off several......and this couple that has dug their heals in about computers........SAW THE LIGHT. They were like a couple of kids, and will probably have a computer by tomorrow noon.  My long drawn out explanation is ....it was awesome watching someone so oblivious to the wonders of the computer, be utterly amazed. Wheww...that was some kind  of rant.  I'm just so tickled.  

Future Canadian

OMG! You've just described us about six or eight months ago! LOL! We were a bit resistant to getting a computer partly because we were worried about it being a bad influence on the kids, and partly because we knew ourselves. That if we got a computer with the internet that we would spend way too much time on it (ended up being kinda true).[/DIV]Then we get a digital camera, and were doing that same thing: going over to freinds' houses, printing places, etc. But now I am so glad that we gave in because this thing is so cool! There is so much you can do and learn and so on. Now I just have to control myself with spending too much time online...Speaking of which I'm being reminded that I should get off the computer and come to bed and read an actual book that is printed on this ancient technology and doesn't contains any links or graphics. I better go check that out. G'night PC  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

the car race the boys were watching was probly the daytona 500 that happend today.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

THAT was it sportsdude.  How's it going ????  Doin OK ???

Sportsdude

Yeah I'm doing great how about you P.C.?

P.C.

Great, sportsdude.  It was such a lovely day......got lots of stuff done today, and some dear friends for dinner.  It just doesn't get any better.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/n015.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

glad your enjoying life on the island.

P.C.

You're sounding a little 'down' tonight.....you OK ????

Sportsdude

yeah i'm fine. did you get my message i sent to you just wanted to see if it worked.

P.C.

Yes, it worked good sportsdude.  It's a lovely feature, isn't it ????  Sent you one back.

Sportsdude

tenkani

Is anyone still awake?
If so, good morning.
If not, I hope you're having a wonderful dream...
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

I'm still awake.....was heading off to bed, awhile ago, but sleep just isn;t working for me.

|