So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I'm coming over.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Little Fish

Dinner Sounds good Russ... Waves hello by the way.

Ok Good morning everyone.. (my afternoon starts in 20 minutes) lunch today is going to be KFC. I am cheating, I ordered the big crunch special. 8.99 for 2 big crunch sandwiches 1 spicy & 1 regular, Clubbed the spicy one, which means they add tomato, cheese and bacon for 1.00 more, highway robbery I tells yeah., a Small fry's and a 7up.

The Damn delivery fee is 3.50 talk about outrageous, they can forget any tip being added, with delivery fee's that steep. Normally  I would make my own fried chicken, which is much better for a person than the actual KFC, but I do not have any chicken. Nor do I have any chicken burgers left.

I got lots of pork stirfry left over. but I have a craving for greasy spicy KFC, I just got this craving and I am not going to deny it today. Sometimes one has to feed the addiction today i gave in and bought KFC. It could have been Pizza just as expensive and just as bad for a person but I had pizza last month.

I Got the 50 inch tv set up. the surround sound ready to go  2012 the time travelers wife and armour on the line up. t is gonna be a good night. as long as the power does not go out. Kicks feet up. looks at watch 25 minutes till KFC is due to arrive... then movie night starts... popcorn is in the popper real butter in the butter cup for melting) all I need is the KFC to start the first movie.

Please do bring up hygiene or anything else like that. I am going to pretend I know nothing about that stuff for tonight. 15 minutes till KFC is due to arrive now.. Im a slow writer.

purelife

Time Traveler's Wife, I really enjoyed that movie!  

I know what you mean about craving KFC once in a while, Little Fish.  We know how bad it is for us but sometimes, I just want it.  Their popcorn chicken is yummy.  

Enjoy your movies and tv. :))

Egg salad for lunch
Dinner was mashed taters, pork chops, eggplant and zucchini stir fry

Sportsdude

EGGPLANT! PL! :)))

The Naam at 3am
Sushi for lunch
Eggplant stir fry for dinner

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

Movie night is on hold. tv wont work =( got to figure out whats wrong with it. it is 10 years old after all. stupid projection tv.. time to buy a new one. but they cost so much money.. gonna haul the old 32 inch crt out of the back of the closet for tommorow. I am going to play some rune-scape instead.

KFC made a error they delivered 2 small frys and 2 7ups. I have a dilemma should I report their error
(I ate and drank the extra items already)

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Russ

Morning!
Dinner was good! The rotisserie worked out well. We had gotten a Black and Decker countertop convection broiler unit for toasting, baking, rotisserie, etc.. and does it work well! Im impressed.

Well, the flat concrete 2 foot tiles were laid yesterday for the shed, then we set it up. The one corner got missed in the level check and the shed sits a little low on that side.. so the door wont work. Have to shift the shed and fill that area in.. grrr.

Other than that.. doing some door trim work and weather stripping. Have to repaint the door jams in teh master bedroom and decide whether or not to install crown molding. I have gotten news I fly on Sunday sometime.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Time to go for a walk for a slurpee after baby wakes up from his nap.  :)  

DDD

White Spot today with my girl friend..........had a nice lunch
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Gopher

I ate too much, I got taken out to a 'carvery'.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Lunch was leftovers.. did wraps with the remains of steaks and breasts from a few days ago.

Dinner will be beer, wings, and seasoned chicken breasts. mmm. Will have to pick up more beer when going to get starfishie.

Sheds now finished. Have to plan on what and how Im going to store in there. Starfishie has informed me thats where Im sleeping at times.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

I Thought that was the dog house Russ and why would starfishy want to stick you in that ?.. glad you finished the shed though. sounds like a prefab one... well at this rate I could use a new apartment and your shed is bigger than many of the rooms in the part of the woods. and that is not a joke.. sighs.. rent is going up. 672 dollars will be the new rent on these 1 bedrooms =( I am now priced out of a home and looking for a new one. got to find a bachlour it is time to down grade my living space. I can not afford the rent on the apartments in the east side any more totally disgusted with the way things are right now.

Lunch breakfast whatever u want to call it is the left over chicken club sandwich reheated in the oven.. Why is it KFC left overs taste better than they did the night before lol...

Dinner tonight is going to be pork tenderloin.. just not sure how I want to prepare it this time.. something new but easy.. I do not want to go out for any ingredients and I do not want to make anything difficult... time to try Google and see what recipes I can find..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

My day mostly consisted of coffee.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

well it is 4:45 am. I cooking supper at 3 am.... started at 3 am and it took just over 1 hour and  finished eating just after 4:10 am It was HOT.. my mouths still on fire.. do not mix up and add 1/3 cup of Hot sauce when it should of been 3 table spoons hot sauce and 1/3 cup soy sauce... and 1/2 cup water...

I made spicy pork medallions. served on top of Broccoli Onions and Chow Mien noodles

This is an easy skillet supper. Delicious and pretty quick if you prep ahead of time.

1-2 pork tenderloins
Creole  seasoning (no clue what that is so I used pork stir-fry seasoning)
Salt and pepper
1  clove garlic, minced (I always got garlic)
1/2 teaspoon  Worcestershire sauce (small problem I got none I used soy sauce and a bit of molasses)
juice of a lime, about  1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons (I use lemon juice)
pinch thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch  allspice
dash salt

Cut 1 pound pork tenderloin into about 8 medallions, about 1 inch in  thickness. With heel of hand, gently flatten each medallion slightly.  Combine ingredients;  add over both sides of medallions and rub  in. ( you can let the flavor marinate if you like, I tend to cook right away)
[/p]  Grill the medallions over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side to sear.  Lower heat to medium and cook for about  8 - 12 minutes longer, turning  occasionally, until cooked through, about 155°.[/p]Now for the Broccoli noodles and onion noodles

hot sauce 3 tablespoons. do not make the mistake of using 1/3 a cup ( never a good idea to cook when one is sleepy) the hotter the style hot sauce the less you need. Tabasco sauce 1 table soon. Louisiana 2 tablespoons. Indian hot sauce or Chinese chili sauce well we are now talking 1/2 to 1 tea spoon 5 mls thats it cause they are hot. you want this hot but not flame thrower out your back side hot.

soy sauce & onions simmer 1/3 cup soy sauce with 1/2 cup water and a diced medium onion..for 30 minutes on low to blend the flavors.. now add a table spoon of baking soda thats right 1 tablespoon baking soda..  coat your brocolli well with this.. let it sit for 15 minutes to let the broccoli soften a bit.

sorry no amounts add as much or as little broccoli as you like.I tend to use 1/2 lb of broccoli florets cut thin  

( when you make a batch of garlic pork sausage save some of that fat you need it to add it to the onions and broccoli)  it freezes and stores very well for up to 6 months

Simmer the onion broccoli and sauce for a while till the broccoli is cooked through crisp but soft. add to your chow mien noodles toss and mix. stirfry till noodles are soft.  the sauce will flavour them nicely.

Now add to bowls and top with your spicy pork medallions and enjoy.

complicated huh =D

49er

Orik wrote:
well it is 4:45 am. I cooking supper at 3 am..........  
    I don't think going to bed following dinner so soon is good...just my opinion

Little Fish

I didn't get to bed till 4 hours later.. and long time no see. 49er... hows life ?

|