So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

purelife wrote:
Hi everyone!  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  We went to a family event and then relaxed the next day.

I can't believe that we're discussing Christmas plans -- Mom-in-law assumed that we were going to spend the night at her place (24th/25th) but that won't be the case this year.  She's not going to be happy about it (we haven't told her yet) but we're not here to please everyone.  

We have this issue around holidays and dinners and such. However Starfishie deals with this sort of thing. Shes more diplomatic about the informing and smoothing of ruffled feathers.
My weekend had a hangover sunday morning, lol. Been a long time since it was that bad! The UDS however worked AWESOME.
I did a southwest style of bbq rub on the pork tenderloin as well as wrap it in bacon, for the chicken I did a mix of montreal chicken and lawrys seasoning salt after rubbing it with olive oil and maggi.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Mmmmmm.....that sounds delicious!!

SD -
My brother had his tires rotated at Canadian Tire.  He said it was a decent price compared to other places.  Some Midas locations does tire rotations (depends if they have the proper equipment/computer, whatever).  You could also try Fountain Tire and Budget.  Just call around.

You could always complete the oil change yourself to save some money.  Or, use one of those coupons in the Entertainment Book at Lube Oil for a discount.

What's the UDS for again, Russ?  Is there a picture?  I keep forgetting....

Sportsdude

Okay Canada Tire it will be. I hope tomorrow they have the shop open late. I'm going to need the car on Sat morn obviously.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

If anyone wants to PM me, I've got the goods on a chain store oil change location that does cash jobs for cheap.  I think I last paid $23.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]If anyone wants to PM me, I've got the goods on a chain store oil change location that does cash jobs for cheap.  I think I last paid $23.[/span]

Will we have to say...."Pssssst, Bud.  I hoid......)

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

My oil change/tire rotation story is classic me-story.
I always get Burrard and Cambie streets mixed up, and I need a map.

purelife

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is enjoying the rest of their weekend and not working too hard.  I hope you're feeling better Miss Lil Me.

I was feeling lower right hand side pain everytime this lil one kicks since Friday.  It hurts so bad that I couldn't walk properly and did absolutely nothing on Saturday and just laid on the sofa.  I feel better now with less braxton hicks.  

Today, I did more cleaning and organizing and then went for a quick dip in the pool to ease my muscles.  It seemed to help.

I am so ready for him to come out NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Sportsdude

lol purelife :) :D lol

Enjoy the peace while it lasts.

P.C.

I feel for ya purelife.  I remember that stage too well.  When is your due date ? (I've forgotten )  

Russ

purelife wrote:
Mmmmmm.....that sounds delicious!!

SD -
My brother had his tires rotated at Canadian Tire.  He said it was a decent price compared to other places.  Some Midas locations does tire rotations (depends if they have the proper equipment/computer, whatever).  You could also try Fountain Tire and Budget.  Just call around.

You could always complete the oil change yourself to save some money.  Or, use one of those coupons in the Entertainment Book at Lube Oil for a discount.

What's the UDS for again, Russ?  Is there a picture?  I keep forgetting....

I missed this.. sorry! Hope you feel better... must be getting soon hey? Im with PC.. when are you due?

I do my own tire rotations and oil changes unless Im REALLY lazy then I look online or in the local newspapers for oil change coupons

UDS is ugly drum smoker..

For Pictures and kinda info Click:  [meta XXXX-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"][meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"][meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"][meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"][link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CHELEN%27%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"][!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [w:WordDocument]   [w:View]Normal[/w:View]   [w:Zoom]0[/w:Zoom]   [w:PunctuationKerning/]   [w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/]   [w:SaveIfXMLInvalid]false[/w:SaveIfXMLInvalid]   [w:IgnoreMixedContent]false[/w:IgnoreMixedContent]   [w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText]false[/w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText]   [w:Compatibility]    [w:BreakWrappedTables/]    [w:SnapToGridInCell/]    [w:WrapTextWithPunct/]    [w:UseAsianBreakRules/]    [w:DontGrowAutofit/]   [/w:Compatibility]   [w:BrowserLevel]MicrosoftInternetExplorer4[/w:BrowserLevel]  [/w:WordDocument] [/xml][![endif]--][!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"]  [/w:LatentStyles] [/xml][![endif]--][style] [!--  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal    (mso-style-parent:"";    margin:0cm;    margin-bottom:.0001pt;    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;    font-size:12.0pt;    font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";) a:link, span.MsoHyperlink    (color:blue;    text-decoration:underline;    text-underline:single;) a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed    (color:purple;    text-decoration:underline;    text-underline:single;) @page Section1    (size:612.0pt 792.0pt;    margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;    mso-header-margin:36.0pt;    mso-footer-margin:36.0pt;    mso-paper-source:0;) div.Section1    (page:Section1;) --] [/style][!--[if gte mso 10]] [style]  /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable    (mso-style-name:"Table Normal";    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;    mso-style-noshow:yes;    mso-style-parent:"";    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;    mso-para-margin:0cm;    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;    font-size:10.0pt;    font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-ansi-language:#0400;    mso-fareast-language:#0400;    mso-bidi-language:#0400;) [/style] [![endif]--]  [p class="MsoNormal"][a href="http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thehairfamily.com/don/uds-photos/uds2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thehairfamily.com/don/uds.html&usg=__z9QiCXUdH26wnk1a2UFonxxbPMA=&h=692&w=640&sz=144&hl=en&start=35&tbnid=hfOQ50Ha6ja_-M:&tbnh=139&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dugly%2Bdrum%2Bsmoker%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D18"]UDS_UGLY_DRUM_SMOKER[/a][/p]  

Sportsdude

Morning everyone looks like the Pacific Northwest again today. lol

The car needed repairs this was more than just an oil change. Spark plugs, brake rotors, power steering etc. This was bound to happen.

Gopher

Just getting ready for some Chicken Korma
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Hi P.C., Russ, Gophie and SD.

Thanks for that link Russ and the picture.  NOW, I know what you're talking about.  My mind works in a way where I have to link a picture to what you're talking about otherwise I have no clue.

My actual due date is November 2nd.  Today, I'm 35 weeks.  Baby has always measured just a few days early so I like to think my due date is Oct 29.  

P.C.

Oh wow purelife.  Not too far to go at all !

We were supposed to get rain today, but it's gorgeous out there.  It was breezy this morning...ok, it was windy and we lost power for about an hour and a bit.  I was hoping it wouldn't be too long, as Sawdust took the day off so we can get the roof on....but without power tools, that would have been tricky.

Anyways.....back at it.

Russ

Yeah purelife! You must be excited.. and wishing it were over

PC.. my dad called me with the same thing.

|