So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I'll have to try the bobboli crusts.  What do you put on your pizza?  What kind of sauce do you use, Russ?
Last time I made pizza on a store-bought Stupidstore crust, it tasted disgusting!

Dinner was pork chops, caesar salad and some creamed corn.  yum!

Russ

purelife wrote:
I'll have to try the bobboli crusts.  What do you put on your pizza?  What kind of sauce do you use, Russ?
Last time I made pizza on a store-bought Stupidstore crust, it tasted disgusting!

Dinner was pork chops, caesar salad and some creamed corn.  yum!

I honestly didnt try the bobboli crusts before.. We were out shopping to make a pizza and saw them. Figured why not? They were good! Like 5 bucks each. There was two types I saw the thin and normal.. got them both. I liked the normal better than the thin.
I just put olive oil on the bottom of the pizza crust. Then on the top I put tomato paste, hot sauce, and sprinkled Oregano, basil, garlic powder.
I then put the three types of meat that came in one of the no name brand pizza meat packs.. layer of each (I got lazy and decided to get it, I normally buy three sausages of ham peperoni, and salami, then slice them myself). Then a thin layer of mozza, then I put the ground beef (I pan fryed it and added a bit of seasoned salt and cajun spice), onions, green peppers, mushrooms, etc. I then grated the mozza on the top.

Came out good to me. Starfishie even ate a number. We made two.. and next time would have made just one for the two of us.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

HEY! I just noticed theres no edit for posts? Did I miss something here?

Anyhoo.. The pork chops sound good! I havent done that in a while now.. could be the dinner for tonight.

When you do salad.. do you chop up your own, or do you buy the mixed/ tossed greens/ organic/ spring mix type thing? I find I have been buying romain lettuce and hacking them up on my own. Soaking the bits in water, and chopping up cucumbers, tomatos to add to it.

LM@work

Hey guys!

Mr Noodles and a turkey wrap for lunch.

That pizza sounds great, Russ.  Spices, lotsa sauces...MMMM.

We had pork chops a couple nights ago, too.  Browned the meat, threw it in the crock pot with curry, potatoes, onions and some water.  

No cooking tonight- school BBQ.

Lil Me

Ate a burger and a bag of Miss Vickies sour cream and chili chips at the school open house - Meet the Creature night.

Also band instrument rental night - Heckyl came home with a baritone that he can barely carry.  LOL  I suggested that he might want a ride to school on band days...

Another brutal week.  Started smoking again.  TGIalmostF.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I do the same as you Russ, buying romaine lettuce and prepping it on my own.  I like the mixed greens but we can't eat the whole thing and it often ends up in the garbage.

I had dinner over at my mom's tonight after meeting with my ob/gyn and the GD counselor.  We had fish soup, bean sprouts, steak, tilapia, and green lettuce dipped in the tomato sauce she makes.  yum yum!  

I think the edit post option is gone for good, Russ. :(  I've asked what happened but P.C. and Teh Borken doesn't get back to me.

Sportsdude

Dinner was zucchini/egg plant/red onion stir fry with that thai chili red sauce every university student has in the fridge, with a glass of water and BBC World News.

A far cry from last night. Egg plant/red onion/humus swiss loreane sandwiches (x2) with the 'faerie beer' (as PC calls it) and BBC World News.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

purelife wrote:
I had dinner over at my mom's tonight after meeting with my ob/gyn and the GD counselor.  We had fish soup, bean sprouts, steak, tilapia, and green lettuce dipped in the tomato sauce she makes.  yum yum!  

sounds like she goes all out when you go home for dinner.........is she planning to prepare the customary ginger and pigs feet in vinegar for you after giving birth?

Russ

49er wrote:[em style="font-style: italic;"]
[/em] sounds like she goes all out when you go home for dinner.........is she planning to prepare the customary ginger and pigs feet in vinegar for you after giving birth?

Who what? Is this a tradition thing? Do I have to watch out for this when it happens with Starfishie?

purelife

Hey 49er!

She never mentioned pigs feet but she is going to cook the ginger with chicken and sake rice vinegar.  I've had it before and it tastes and smells great!

49er

Russ wrote:
49er wrote:
 [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]sounds like she goes all out when you go home for dinner.........is she planning to prepare the customary ginger and pigs feet in vinegar for you after giving birth?[/SPAN]

Who what? Is this a tradition thing? Do I have to watch out for this when it happens with Starfishie?

kind of traditional.....suppose to help heal the physical trauma of giving birth and for recovery.  Western medicine has found this valid.  It is also served at red egg parties (another chinese tradition) for new borns.  I love the pigs feet/ginger and sweet vinegar

Sportsdude

Haha Russ you're hilarious.

Sportsdude

I'm making yam fries, this could be a disaster waiting to happen. lol

purelife

Hi everyone!  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  We went to a family event and then relaxed the next day.

I can't believe that we're discussing Christmas plans -- Mom-in-law assumed that we were going to spend the night at her place (24th/25th) but that won't be the case this year.  She's not going to be happy about it (we haven't told her yet) but we're not here to please everyone.  

Sportsdude

Is there a warm locale for christmas in your future?

my car needs an oil change + tire rotation and for some reason vancouver doesn't do tire rotations? Someone suggested Canadian Tire, but I don't know what they do. There's always Midas.

|