So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

LOL Russ.

Hey everyone.

How are you feeling these days, purelife?

BBQ'd fish fillets, asparagus and whole wheat pasta for dinner with a whole lotta wine in a box.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

How was the fish miss LM?
We had coho steaks last night.. from teh batch I caught.
Tonight was spread over pasta mixed with teh remains from last nights dinner, lol.

Im on beer from bottles.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

*falls through the door*

hey guys...

back from my drive through Canada.

tired.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Hey SD.

Russ- my BBQ fish was good.  Sole fillets from frozen a la Costco with lime and spices.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Hi Lil Me.

I went to the new save on, on campus in the retirement village for seniors. looks nice.

Lil Me

Where is this SD?

I hadn't been out to UBC for years.  Went riding the trails a couple weekends ago.  Lunch in the basement of the SUB- OMG cheap burgers that were good. Nothing else open.

Sportsdude

Westbridge I think its called. The powers at be have decided over the past decade to turn campus into a retirement end of life centre. They've built a condo village next to the UBC farm (South Campus south of 16th) predicated and designed for 60 and over crowd. (all the billboards are with older people in mind).

It all started a few years ago with the Retirement Centre next to where Gordon Campbell lives, and now they're going to build a Hospice Centre next to the noisiest first year dorms.

This is UBC.

purelife

Evening Russ, SD and Lil Me.  I don't remember the last time we had so many of us at the same time.

I've heard about the opening of SOF at the UBC.  About a month or so ago, SOF opened in New Westminster.  It's so SMALL!!

I'm feeling great overall, Lil Me.  I've been a light sleeper lately and sometimes, get tired throughout the day.  Walking is slowly becoming more and more uncomfortable every week......  That's about it.  The only thing I'm worried about is delivering a BIG baby.  

Sportsdude

yup, everyone is downsizing to near European sized grocery stores. The big box era in the cities is pretty much over (mercifully).

Russ

Evening PL! Good to hear you are doing well.

Welcome back SD.. this is ON the UBC campus you are speaking of? Damn.. I dont remember much about that place, lol.

I havent had Sole in a while LM.. you have me thinking of recipe;s in my head right now, lol.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
yup, everyone is downsizing to near European sized grocery stores. The big box era in the cities is pretty much over (mercifully).

I shop in big stores only pretty much. Except for the buy low foods near me. Dont know why but Im partial to that place.

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:

I think it was the space limitation.  I'm sure SOF in New West would've wanted a bigger lot if there was the space.

Sportsdude

Yup its on campus.

Yeah, the place is pretty foreign to anyone who hasn't been or gone to the place if you haven't been in 2yrs.
If you remember it from the 90s that UBC died in this decade
60s-80s are ancient history where people go 'this place is dead'

P.C.

I know what an SOB is, but what is the SOF ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

Save On Foods  [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"]

|